Falconry License uk

Yamada

5 hours ago, Yamada said:

Hello 

Just a question regarding the uk Falconry license since it’s against the law to take Birds and ground game using Falconry methods without a license form (A41 gov uk). What are peoples views on form A41 and form LR41 on directgov.uk

To my knowledge you don't need a license to take ground game with a trained bop. This entire system is laughable. I had the A41 for gulls and corvids, it took them almost all season to grant my license. When I kept ringing asking what the hold up was I was told my boss can't decide how many birds to let you have. When I was finally granted the license almost at the end of the season, I had to report back every single kill with date ,time and grid reference. Also I said that the birds were causing a nuisance on my permission, I was then told that you cannot apply for a falconry license to deal with pests, thats a different license,lol. You can only apply for the falconry license to kill the birds for sport not pest control,lol!

Do what everyone’s else does , pull up on your permission away from peeking nosey feckless and go about your business, you do not need a license to catch rabbit and pheasant on permission , if your bird catches something else by accident then that’s unfortunate, just don’t do what most people do and stick pictures up on the net for the whole world to see and the tree huggers to get hold of 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Yamada said:

It’s seems very odd correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure under the General License you can hunt all game in season plus there is no obligation to give any grid reference for any bird taken.

You can also trap pigeons under the trapping license as long as you meet all the criteria and act within the law no problem about that at all.

This is in form A41

Birds which can be taken for falconry 

Blackbird
Black-headed gull Carrion crow
Collared dove
Common gull
Dunnock
Feral pigeon
Fieldfare
Great black-backed gull Herring gull
House sparrow
Jackdaw
Jay
Lapwing
Lesser black-backed gull Magpie
Meadow pipit
Mistle thrush
Redwing
Rook
Skylark
Song thrush
Starling
Stock dove
Woodpigeon

There is no mention of game birds at all ?

It also states that any birds not mentioned you should fully justify why you wish to take them. ?

Also that all your information is going to be passed on to third parties without your consent it pretty much states that on the form then if you read down further on form A41 it tells you who these third parties are yes you guessed it the very same organisation that wants to get the sport banned. Look at section 9 data protection click on link 3 on the page inside Read footnote 1. That’s your address what birds you keep the ring numbers where you live where you hunt 

On the LR 41 you must sent a grid reference date and time of each kill, this only applies as part of the falconry license as you are only granted a certain number of birds to kill. This doesn't apply to the general license. Its all a load of bollox to keep people in jobs, totally unnecessary.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...