Camera bi / tri pod as gun rest

Cheap enough for hide use.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

High quality Nitehawk shooting tripod. High quality black Nitehawk® shooting tripod will help improve your aim and accuracy whilst hunting and shooting. It is easy to...

or 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

High quality Nitehawk shooting bipod. High quality black Nitehawk® shooting bipod will help improve your aim and accuracy whilst hunting and shooting. It is easy to...

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Cheap enough for hide use.

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

High quality Nitehawk shooting tripod. High quality black Nitehawk® shooting tripod will help improve your aim and accuracy whilst hunting and shooting. It is easy to...

or 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

High quality Nitehawk shooting bipod. High quality black Nitehawk® shooting bipod will help improve your aim and accuracy whilst hunting and shooting. It is easy to...

Phil

Cheers Phil I’ll have a look at those 

If you are using a take down / portable hide that is always going to be the same height, you could cut the bipod to a suitable size for that hide or look to buy a camera tripod but be aware many of the cheap ones are not rigid and you need it to be and I would also buy a black tripod otherwise the polished silver legs will need painting.  A decent make is Velbon and not too expensive. 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<p dir="ltr" style="margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0;">camera tripod and Pullman bag. Condition is "Used". Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<body><p>This is a very advanced and easy to use tripod. It can hold most cameras, and is very reliable to keep your camera safe while using. It can be put at any...

You will need to fit a 'V' mount possibly a fishing bank stick top or produce your own from wood or whatever fits the bill.

I will just say that you get what you pay for, I have both the Primos Trigger grip tripod and also the bipod in my earlier reply and both have their place but the Primos is superb and can be used in many situations so I don't think it is expensive when you consider just how often I use mine.  

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

If you are using a take down / portable hide that is always going to be the same height, you could cut the bipod to a suitable size for that hide or look to buy a camera tripod but be aware many of the cheap ones are not rigid and you need it to be and I would also buy a black tripod otherwise the polished silver legs will need painting.  A decent make is Velbon and not too expensive. 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<p dir="ltr" style="margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0;">camera tripod and Pullman bag. Condition is "Used". Dispatched with Royal Mail 2nd...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

<body><p>This is a very advanced and easy to use tripod. It can hold most cameras, and is very reliable to keep your camera safe while using. It can be put at any...

You will need to fit a 'V' mount possibly a fishing bank stick top or produce your own from wood or whatever fits the bill.

I will just say that you get what you pay for, I have both the Primos Trigger grip tripod and also the bipod in my earlier reply and both have their place but the Primos is superb and can be used in many situations so I don't think it is expensive when you consider just how often I use mine.  

Phil

Hi Phil , the hide is permanent ( I hope after last nights storm it’s still there) made of uprighted pallets , this bipod looks ideal , this was the route I was looking at ,cheers again 

We have five permanent hides and each one has both a shelf to hold cartridges, drinks, phone etc etc plus a cross bar to rest the rifles when using them so why don't you think about a slight modification to the hide so you build in rifle supports and anything else you need. It is also worth looking for a seat you can leave there so it is always ready to go.  We have either a double seat box or two garden chairs in each hide, be comfortable when you are just sat there.

Phil

12 hours ago, philpot said:

We have five permanent hides and each one has both a shelf to hold cartridges, drinks, phone etc etc plus a cross bar to rest the rifles when using them so why don't you think about a slight modification to the hide so you build in rifle supports and anything else you need. It is also worth looking for a seat you can leave there so it is always ready to go.  We have either a double seat box or two garden chairs in each hide, be comfortable when you are just sat there.

Phil

Hi Phil yes a chair is a must , i did put a support across the front of the hide for me to use with a bi pod , but the tripod idea is for my daughter to use to hopefully get the rifle supported more on its balance point 

• Like 1