50m freehand shooting

any of you guys on here do much of this.usually i just go for bottle tops and not targets.so after a little dialing in and getting it somewhere near using the 4th milldot i gave it a go.so 50m with my vortek tuned .22 hw95 i put this 5shot group together.

50m 95k 088.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I hope contraversial is allowed. 

I've been shooting solely sprung air rifles for donkeys. I think Si Pittaway is a top geezer..... We disagree on Calibre choice. Sorry Si. 

However, I don't think anything other than 0.177 works properly with any air Rifle especially hunting where precision is even more important. 

I've shot rabbits at 50 yards with the smaller caliber and seen the pellet pass through head and heart and lung... 

I've read a lot about dumping energy, but I think a flatter trajectory is key. 

PCPs obviously reduce the impact of slow lock times, but those bigger calibres are SLOW.... 

I shoot quarry I should one or another particular Rifles tuned for higher power (I email myself shot strings from a variety of pellet weights) but I also shoot heavy 10.x (forget the second figure is that approximate) grains to try and delivery more energy but retain the flatter trajectory and accuracy of a 0.177 

However, I maybe wrong... I spend most of my time indoors shooting 

Nowadays