ticking one off the bucket list and a bonus one

One fish that has been on my bucket list to catch is the Tiger Trout, ever since i found out there supposed to be some in a small river near me, three two hour sessions and no tiger trout, from this small river i managed to catch 4 roach.......on lures......even a spoon!!!

i made it my mission now to find and catch one either way , doesnt matter where from, so i put the feelers out and soon a guy gave me a location of a reservoir with pictures of his catches, 

this morning saw me up and out at 4am for the two hour drive, donning my waders and rod i started to send my lures in all direction and the first solid hook up low and behold was a Tiger Trout, quick pic and release and im over the moon, but the day was young and there is a few other species in here that ive not had like the artic char and spartic trout,

swapping and changing of lures i managed to bank a few small perch and loose a few good solid fights

i changed my lure to a uv soft plastic on a 3g jighead and cast out and as soon as it hit the water a good solid fish connected to the hook, a good fight took place and i managed to overpower it in to the net, it was a Spartic, what a solid looking fish, i realized how close i can to losing this fish when i removed the now bent jighead from its mouth

a quick pic and released it back in to the water, now i was buzzing, well worth the effort

a trout.jpg

aa trout.jpg

Edited by bullet
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • bullet changed the title to ticking one off the bucket list and a bonus one

37 minutes ago, bullet said:

nice un that mate

Had a spartic a week later. It swallowed my fly that I was fishing static so I had to kill it. Nothing wrong with that as it was a stock fish, gave it to a mate to eat and the bugger used it as pike bait....now that I was gutted about ??

2 hours ago, bullet said:

One fish that has been on my bucket list to catch is the Tiger Trout, ever since i found out there supposed to be some in a small river near me, three two hour sessions and no tiger trout, from this small river i managed to catch 4 roach.......on lures......even a spoon!!!

i made it my mission now to find and catch one either way , doesnt matter where from, so i put the feelers out and soon a guy gave me a location of a reservoir with pictures of his catches, 

this morning saw me up and out at 4am for the two hour drive, donning my waders and rod i started to send my lures in all direction and the first solid hook up low and behold was a Tiger Trout, quick pic and release and im over the moon, but the day was young and there is a few other species in here that ive not had like the artic char and spartic trout,

swapping and changing of lures i managed to bank a few small perch and loose a few good solid fights

i changed my lure to a uv soft plastic on a 3g jighead and cast out and as soon as it hit the water a good solid fish connected to the hook, a good fight took place and i managed to overpower it in to the net, it was a Spartic, what a solid looking fish, i realized how close i can to losing this fish when i removed the now bent jighead from its mouth

a quick pic and released it back in to the water, now i was buzzing, well worth the effort

a trout.jpg

aa trout.jpg

Those a wild population bullet? Very well done

30 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Very nice dido, what breed is the tiger??? Is it a hybrid or a breed itself? 

Not a clue if I'm honest pal. Caught that one on a stocked trout fishery