Lurcher in season

Running a bitch in season is OK as far as it goes, though I wouldn't over do it. It's after the season when you need to be careful. A lot of bitches lose condition due to their hormones: their muscles, tendons and ligaments all slacken and soften as though they were expecting a litter of pups. My bitches would be physically incapable of catching a hare (before the ban) as their conditon is just too soft. Plus trying to run in that state can really damage them badly: the time when they tear their muscles the easiest.

The real danger time is from 5 weeks after the season to when the pups (if they had had them) are about 4 weeks old: figure it out.

The odd run on a rabbit or two is not a problem, it is the prolonged running on hares that can really cause the damage. Hope this helps.

my mate had a bitch once and we wer taking her out for say 6 weeks and she was crap really..just a dog to lead for a bit of sport whith our good dogs :notworthy: but she came in season and she was killing 4s and 5s..i mean not missing :yes::boogie: but [bANNED TEXT] she came out crap again :cry::doh: and from then [bANNED TEXT] she came in again she hit form again..so was out on a field and a fella see her run said how much...me being onest told him shes only good [bANNED TEXT] in season...but he fout i was buxxxxxn him so i put her on price and sold for hefty fee :yes::bye: i have since spoken to this fella and his reaction is :censored::censored::icon_redface::icon_redface: and mine is :tongue2::tongue2: