Old rabbit hutch now a flight

Well guys you can't look a gift horse in the mouth. Purchased this double rabbit hutch to make a decent flight out of it. Took all the door frames out used the doors for bottom of the flight as trays an two of them for mesh guards at the bottom of flight so the birds don't eat shite from the bottom of the flight. Which I have to say there was no cutting them they fitted nice an flush inside. Then all I did Was cut one of the wire breeding cage fronts down to fit at the top with the other one. Drilled the holes for the wire cage fronts to fit in then put a peace of 1 inch by 1 inch at the bottom of the cage fronts and same again few little holes for the cage bottoms to fit into then screwed that in place from the out side of the hutch frame ie new flight. Then a put a downward peace to make the frame work at the front so I could attach the galvanized mesh on the front. I have to say guys I'm happy with the out come. The saying is another man's rubbish is another man's treasure it's true. I could of gone out and bought the timber for this then had to measure up the sizes then put it all together when really this hutch had done it all for me lol happy days guys. Hope you guys out there that have a hutch knocking about do the same and atb for the season ahead guys 

IMG_20210315_142234_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210315_153711_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210317_151641_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210319_155122_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...