Are slugs the way forward?

With these new airgun slugs emerging and gaining popularity, I’m wondering what the future is regarding their continued use and production. A lot of investment has gone into these and now an eu proposal to ban all lead ammunition for airguns? As many of these new slugs are manufactured in the eu, could this ammunition be doomed before it’s really got started? 

For now slugs are the way forward in FAC imo . I went back to AA 18 gr pellet in my crown FAC , but past 65-70 yards grouped like a shot gun and could see then drifting to the left at night with out wind ,started using H&N slugs again , see them in flight with night vision flying nice and straight, even in wind at 120 + yards 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, villaman said:

For now slugs are the way forward in FAC imo . I went back to AA 18 gr pellet in my crown FAC , but past 65-70 yards grouped like a shot gun and could see then drifting to the left at night with out wind ,started using H&N slugs again , see them in flight with night vision flying nice and straight, even in wind at 120 + yards 

Yerr, the slugs are accurate, that’s one reason why it would be a shame if they banned lead airgun ammunition. I found the 18 grain jsb’s accurate running at 34/35ft lbs. Not sure about beyond 70 yards though. I don’t know if any decent non lead airgun ammunition exists. Probably not☹️....