Am I going wrong?

On 26/02/2021 at 08:06, DIDO.1 said:

Do these rabbits really need catching? Is it a nessssary pest control job? If so find a way to control them that's more effective. Ferret em, snare em, shoot em. If you are doing it just for the interest in trapping then buy a couple of bodygrips. They will make you think more and improve you skills as a trapper....and any rabbit that does trip your trap will die quicker than fecking fenns. 

There's always a better option than a fenn

Well, the fenns were slow going so I've taken your advice and bought some body grips (116).

Any advice on using them/where to set them?

13 minutes ago, Suffolkpest said:

Well, the fenns were slow going so I've taken your advice and bought some body grips (116).

Any advice on using them/where to set them?

I've not caught many rabbits in them but I know others have so I'm sure someone will help. I'll find some pics of my bodygrips that I was setting for squirrels 

On 28/02/2021 at 07:25, Suffolkpest said:

Thanks, I'm on to that, I've put some old slate tiles over runs under fence.

How big does a 'tunnel' need to be (legally)?

Depends on trap , usually a tiny bit bigger than trap. Make it too high rabbit will jump as trap springs and you wont get a clean kill/catch.  Fenn traps will jump a inch or so when they go off . Tunnel length the longer the safer for non targets , think of a larger animal or person trying to put hand or paw down tunnel and make it a bit longer so they cant reach trap. Use a couple of sticks or similar and restrict  entrance just wide enough for rabbit to enter but nothing bigger

Edited by Staffy1
Tap tunnel length
  • Like 1