things that go bump in the night

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where i used to work i lived in the middle of nowhere in a shitty old mobile home the neareest person was 2 mile away and at 3 in the morning i could hear a loud knocking under the rotton old floor my boss had gone away for the night and just me on me own then his guard dog went ballistic at something i sat bolt upright in bed shitting my-self wondering what it was i never slept a wink i sat in bed with my shot gun and my lamp at 5 in the moring light enought to look outside and blow me a muntjak had got caught in a big mass off string ang made it to the guard dog kennel hense the barking i have never been so scared in my life i let the munty go never got hurt. :icon_redface::(:boxing:

Edited by stork

i used to live in a manky old caravan in my parents back garden. where we live, big cat sightings are pretty common, lots of large areas of fields with little woods & pits, and no big roads inbetween. i've seen a big cat of some type stood on the side of the road about 2 miles from the house.

one night i was in the caravan, in bed, with the lad i was dating at the time. must have been about 1am. just drifting off to sleep, we heard this weird, low snarling sound outside. the dogs kenneled up 20 feet away were completely silent, and it definitely wasn't a dog noise. we had (and still have) quite a population of cats living outside, and they were in the habit of sleeping under the van, and having the odd scrap. but i've kept cats since i was little, worked at a cattery on & off for nearly 5 years, and heard just about every noise that can come out of a domestic cat. that was no domestic cat!

me & the fella were shitting ourselves! that old caravan isn't the sturdiest of structures, the floor's half-rotten, and it's a hundred-and-something yards from the house... i kicked me fella.. "what the f*ck was that?! have a look out the door!"

"sod that, it's your garden, you bloody look!"

naturally, i bottled it, and spent the next 15 minutes hiding under the duvet, waiting for the noise to stop! it was in the summer, the ground was dry & we didn't find any prints the next day. i still don't know what it was, but i have a pretty fair idea!

isn't shit like that all the more scary in a caravan? flimsy walls, generally well away from anyone else, and only one door to get out of, which is the one the axe-murderer/hideous beastie will probably come in through! "shit, did i lock the door?!?"

i used to live in a manky old caravan in my parents back garden. where we live, big cat sightings are pretty common, lots of large areas of fields with little woods & pits, and no big roads inbetween. i've seen a big cat of some type stood on the side of the road about 2 miles from the house.

one night i was in the caravan, in bed, with the lad i was dating at the time. must have been about 1am. just drifting off to sleep, we heard this weird, low snarling sound outside. the dogs kenneled up 20 feet away were completely silent, and it definitely wasn't a dog noise. we had (and still have) quite a population of cats living outside, and they were in the habit of sleeping under the van, and having the odd scrap. but i've kept cats since i was little, worked at a cattery on & off for nearly 5 years, and heard just about every noise that can come out of a domestic cat. that was no domestic cat!

me & the fella were shitting ourselves! that old caravan isn't the sturdiest of structures, the floor's half-rotten, and it's a hundred-and-something yards from the house... i kicked me fella.. "what the f*ck was that?! have a look out the door!"

"sod that, it's your garden, you bloody look!"

naturally, i bottled it, and spent the next 15 minutes hiding under the duvet, waiting for the noise to stop! it was in the summer, the ground was dry & we didn't find any prints the next day. i still don't know what it was, but i have a pretty fair idea!

isn't shit like that all the more scary in a caravan? flimsy walls, generally well away from anyone else, and only one door to get out of, which is the one the axe-murderer/hideous beastie will probably come in through! "shit, did i lock the door?!?"

Wel in my old heap of mould mobile the door never locked and like you said cardboard wall`s when your scared is not funny.