screw cut

im thinking of getting my tikka .222 screw cut for a moderator.theres 2 local gun shop's that can send it of for me to get it done they both charge£40 but does get profed.does it really need to be profed to fit a modertar.

thanks for any advise

im thinking of getting my tikka .222 screw cut for a moderator.theres 2 local gun shop's that can send it of for me to get it done they both charge£40 but does get profed.does it really need to be profed to fit a modertar.

thanks for any advise

I would recomend that you do just for peace of mind , I don't think you have to have it proofed by law but you wouldn't be able to sell the gun without it being proofed. but if you can get it screw cut and proofed for £40 snatch their hands off.

thanks for any advise

I would recomend that you do just for peace of mind , I don't think you have to have it proofed by law but you wouldn't be able to sell the gun without it being proofed. but if you can get it screw cut and proofed for £40 snatch their hands off.

£40 just to screw cut the rifle they said they cant or dont proof them

thanks for any advise

£40 just to screw cut the rifle they said they cant or dont proof them

That sound right to me, I do not think it is essential to get it proofed but could be very useful, £40 sounds good to me but I seem to recall Baldie has some figures/input on screw cutting and proofing.

the whole idea of proofing is to stop the rifle blowing up in your face.and there are some idiots out there that have a lathe and happily try to screw cut...the biggest problem when screw cutting is done isnt the rifle barrel blowing up on you is the fact that the barrel hasnt been centred properly in the lathe and the thread isnt straight hence you get clipping of the silencer...£40 is a great price as long as you have it done properly.none of my rifles are proofed but i dont ever intend selling them..