went for a quick bounce with the dogs before work this morning.

Young dog came back covered in ' wasp ' like insects.

If there were a hundred there must have be a thousand on him.

he look completely brown , thought it was muck at first.

had to take my T shirt off to get em off , got stung to F*uck myself.

Luckily the wife is a good un and came down in pickup with meds.

Showered him off and squirted honey in his mouth as well.

He doesnt look very happy but hope hell be ok.

My last lurcher once tried to dig up a wasp nest. Similar to yourself, I had to take my jacket off, wrap it around him and ran as fast as I could (bit tricky for a little hobbit like me while carrying a solidly built half cross) until they gave up and stopped following us. Funny thing was that I didn't get stung once...until about an hour later when I put my hand in the jacket pocket to take something out and there was one last wasp in it!

My last kelpie bitch was stung once and her head blew up leaving her looking like a staffy or a klingon from Star Trek. 

5 hours ago, dytkos said:

I always carry Piriton or similar tablets in my phone case for such occasions and snake bites.

Cheers, D.

Have you ever had problems with snake bites? We have a lot of adders where I live but, apart from one "possible" bite, the dogs have managed to stay clear. I put it down to some far off race memory in their kelpie genes of taipans and brown snakes!?

3 hours ago, Neal said:

Have you ever had problems with snake bites? We have a lot of adders where I live but, apart from one "possible" bite, the dogs have managed to stay clear. I put it down to some far off race memory in their kelpie genes of taipans and brown snakes!?

Yes mate, had the old girl in my avatar bitten about 10 years back, that was the day my phone had died ? and when all the village phone boxes had been converted, drove to the vets like Michael Schumacher ?

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, dytkos said:

Yes mate, had the old girl in my avatar bitten about 10 years back, that was the day my phone had died ? and when all the village phone boxes had been converted, drove to the vets like Michael Schumacher ?

Cheers, D.

My incident was about ten years ago too. My kelpie bitch had gone off into the bushes for a wander, which was unlike her as she was very much a stay-by-your-side kind of bitch. About ten minutes later she started acting oddly. You know that thing dogs do when they want to stand up in front of you when you're on the sofa watching tv but they're actually really tired and want to go to sleep, so they fall asleep standing up and keep falling over? Well, she was doing that. It eventually got so bad I had to carry her home and then my wife drove us to the vets. They said it was probably an allergic reaction to a bee or wasp (this is a different bitch to the one who swelled up like a klingon) and gave her a jab of something which worked almost immediately. The next day, I was walking past the spot where she'd gone bushing and saw an adder sitting in the same spot which has always made me wonder if it was that after all.

I never saw the snake but same she went all lethargic and her back leg swelled up, it was a hot early summer's day, vet said beginning of summer their venom is strong as it's built up during hibernation.

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1