Screw cut hw98 prototype??

Screenshot_20200606-145148.png.244e0c0886adf81978179b7508d47256.pngreceived my new .22  hw98 today. I was amazed tot find that the Bull barrel had a screw cut section.

If certainly is not standard. Mayby Weihrauch made a prototype or a special request. And by accident they boxed the rifle and send it to the dealer as a normal hw98??

Does any of you have An Idea what rifle I got??

IMG_20200606_174154.jpg

WTF! I would chew my trigger finger off for that luck.

Now. Interestingly this isn’t the first time I’ve seen a UNF’d 98... last year some one posted a similar kinda find on the weihrauch owners Facebook group. He contacted HW and having bought the gun second hand, they said they weren’t doing them as standard and so assumed it was done in someone’s shed. But that’s even more twisted cos I assume the rifle is brand new? The end doesn’t contain baffles does it? It’s literally the barrel chopped, cropped and finished. 

No idea what the story is but I’d f’kin love one. 

16 hours ago, Rez said:

WTF! I would chew my trigger finger off for that luck.

Now. Interestingly this isn’t the first time I’ve seen a UNF’d 98... last year some one posted a similar kinda find on the weihrauch owners Facebook group. He contacted HW and having bought the gun second hand, they said they weren’t doing them as standard and so assumed it was done in someone’s shed. But that’s even more twisted cos I assume the rifle is brand new? The end doesn’t contain baffles does it? It’s literally the barrel chopped, cropped and finished. 

No idea what the story is but I’d f’kin love one. 

Its clearly done in the factory, not in someone's shed. My wife is a senior cnc-programmer. She said its chopped off in the factory. 

Its not baffeled. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, dutchjozef said:

Its clearly done in the factory, not in someone's shed. My wife is a senior cnc-programmer. She said its chopped off in the factory. 

Its not baffeled. 

Not baffled? So is it a pointless exercise then?