Couple of hours.

2 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Did you sort the rat infestation with the air gun alone, or were traps/rodenticide/dogs also used?

On this particular job I got there and could see immediately that the farmer and a pretend pest controller had tried every type of bait they could lay there hands on. So straight away it's obvious that bait aversion and resistance are going to be the main hurdle.

So PCP,s and NV were the way forward as is so often the case now.

The place was pretty heaving, but not the worst I've seen, after I think around seven or eight night visits it was pretty much clear. To be fair the farmer actually commented after the first visit that I'd "cleared em all"! ?

Now that initial problem is sorted it's just monthly visits to keep on top of them.

There will come a point though that NV will be useless there and thermal is the only way but I try to keep that as an absolute last resort.

Nice one fella. I can just imagine listening to the stream and the long tailed tits. I love to sit and watch them as they move along the trees and bushes. Sometimes becoming surrounded by them, one of my favourite birds. Well done on the shooting as well?