Vizsla vs GSP

W.W

There isn't a lot of difference between them as falconry dogs, but the GWP is said to be the most versatile of the HPR breeds and can turn its hand to many disciplines. I know of a good few that ferret, pick up, retrieve pigeons, wildfowl, work as vermin dogs and work with hawks and falcons.

k107 114.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Edited by Moorman 1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

There isn't a lot of difference between them as falconry dogs, but the GWP is said to be the most versatile of the HPR breeds and can turn its hand to many disciplines. I know of a good few that ferret, pick up, retrieve pigeons, wildfowl, work as vermin dogs and work with hawks and falcons.

k107 114.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

He looks a cracker mate , nice solid shape to him but not too cloddy, hopefully should be getting my self a bitch next year if there any decent pups about 

The Danish bloodlines are more compact the German taller and more gangly. Mine is out of Danish imports from well tested working lineage. They have strict disciplines in their working tests, and must succeed in order to be bred from, unlike over here! 

Edited by Moorman 1
5 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

k107 114.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

Great looking dog ?, have you found them to have a nice temperament I've only had experience with GSPs and a visla which were lovely natured dogs but never had any myself

47 minutes ago, W.W said:

Great looking dog ?, have you found them to have a nice temperament I've only had experience with GSPs and a visla which were lovely natured dogs but never had any myself

Mine has a great temperament with people and other dogs.

44 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Right, I was given the impression third hand that bird triallers in UK use UK lines and avoid the harder eastern European lines that are used for boar, fox , bird in those places. I asked the question of a mate years back as was interested in something on fox, but those guys didn't touch those lines. Interesting cheers..

I really don't know much about UK trials but I'm sure that the sire to mine is an open field trial winner.

8 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Mine has a great temperament with people and other dogs.

I really don't know much about UK trials but I'm sure that the sire to mine is an open field trial winner.

Are the drahthar  ( not sure if spelt that correct) just another name for the wire hair pointer ? I was reading somewhere that the drahthar where a lot more fiery , I no a lad on here has one he used for catching wild bore and would dispatch fox and also would take hold of wounded deer ( he worked it in other countries ) was couple picture of it on here with vest on working wilD  bore 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Are the drahthar  ( not sure if spelt that correct) just another name for the wire hair pointer ? I was reading somewhere that the drahthar where a lot more fiery , I no a lad on here has one he used for catching wild bore and would dispatch fox and also would take hold of wounded deer ( he worked it in other countries ) was couple picture of it on here with vest on working wilD  bore 

Apparently the two types were started from the same breeds so are, kind of a same breed different strain. The Deutsch-Drahthaar being a bit more laid back temperament wise. The GWP's have to do the tasks that you mention in order to attain their working certificate.

• Like 1