Advice Needed Please

Hi everyone, I'm a new member just joined and hoping to get some advice from the professionals on here ? I have just bought a Gamo PT85 CO2 Pistol. . . Figures suggest up to 450fps, which is a little on the optimistic side, I'm sure, but I was wondering if there is anything I can do to up the power on this, I dont mind losing shots per CO2 capsule if i can up the fps on this. Can anyone offer me any advice for this, if there is any, as I'm unsure if CO2 pistols are unable. . Thanks in advance.  . COL70@GMX.COM

I ain't no expert but what I do know I will share.

Co2 is low pressure propellant and any gain in power is gained by not only more gas but barrel length.

With out barrel length the liquid can not turn to gas enough in order to keep accelerating the pellet.

Your short barrel is not going to benefit from more gas supplied really. 

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

I ain't no expert but what I do know I will share.

Co2 is low pressure propellant and any gain in power is gained by not only more gas but barrel length.

With out barrel length the liquid can not turn to gas enough in order to keep accelerating the pellet.

Your short barrel is not going to benefit from more gas supplied really. 

Thanks for your reply my friend, that makes perfect sense, no problem, thanks again, ?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Note: This is a very well made pistol for honing your aiming and shooting skills on inanimate targets. However if you're going to use this product for solving a pest control problem; namely raccoons, this pellet gun is NOT the solution. I purchased this item two days ago to eliminate a huge "Raccoon" problem in my front and backyards. Raccoons are digging up holes all over the place. A family of four. So I got the pistol as a non-lethal, "get off my lawn," go be someone else's problem, type of solution.
For this, I am EXTREMELY disappointed! ....Now, mind you, I'm using the "Destroyer Pellets" at about 5 feet away. First, I go for the body shot, thinking this would sting it enough to let it know that I was serious. I shoot, it runs away, the other three scatter. So I'm thinking, kool, this is gonna be short work.... Literally 10 seconds later, they're creeping back around the corner and on the fence! Ok, I'm a bit surprised. So, I let them creep back close enough for me to get a really good head shot. I mean right up on this guy. Boom! again, they run off. I stand and curiously wait..... Again, three comes back.. Then the bigger mother comes, which is the one that I shot; but only this time, it just goes right to the food that was laid out, and just continued to eat, as if I wasn't there!...So you see, this is "not that gun." Definitely looks like an actual firearm, but sadly, doesn't carry that knock-down force that I had hoped for. Or maybe I needed a larger grained pellet. Whatever the case,
I'm going to try the "Sonar Approach" next. However, if this does not work, I will definitely escalate matters to a lethal pellet rifle. I will not be going through the hassle of trying to cage and transport these pests or use any poisons. I simply want them gone, and my property NOT ruined.