Remington Express. 22 update

Lockdown stagnated so fettling time ,tinbum kit ,internal polish ,new seal and new Blade,s moderator .

Took her apart ,4"paint roller and autosol polished the innards .Then some twit lost 1 of the 2 safety pegs <heard a ping ??>

Luckily they're same diameter as an R clip so Mr hack and mr saw saved twits bacon .Replaced the internals with tinbums ,wouldn't cock .Restrip the top hat/guide was 20mm too long ,recut and shaped .Tickety boo but that's China built for you different springs not the same length probably. 

Read up on the <silencer Not> removal, ok you cut the thing off .

To fit the thread adapter square ordered 15mmx1/2 unf <barrel 15.1mm> .

Put a 5.57 mm drill bit in smooth end first as a guide. Put the adapter in boiling water for 5 minutes to expand it and used an extra deep socket to tap it flush .

When cooled it's on tighter than me result all round .Jsb heavys giving constant 11.7 and no twangg at all 

20200412_131257.jpg

20200412_150903.jpg

20200412_131251.jpg

Cost 149 last summer, the fishing/hunting shop in Bridlington was having a retirement sale.

Very well made ,China definitely got its air rifle act together, well apart from the mod filled with resin and glued on .

That was the only fault imho but now rectified with a good 1

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Cost 149 last summer, the fishing/hunting shop in Bridlington was having a retirement sale.

Very well made ,China definitely got its air rifle act together, well apart from the mod filled with resin and glued on .

That was the only fault imho but now rectified with a good 1

Looks like a bargain ?

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 25/04/2020 at 19:30, Baldcoot said:

Tack driver in my shed 16ft  range but my permission is 40 mins drive away so squizzers are safe for now

How are you getting on with the Remington? I’ve a chance at a new one for £125, just wondering if you could give us an update. I might buy one.

Remmington has been " resting " during game season but will be out if the weather ever settles down. 

Been fine ,tbh no regrets for pigeon and squirrel but for 125 a great price. My go to air rifle last year .

Looking forward to getting squizzers off the feeders.When we put the birds down. 

This time of year I'm mainly. 22 rimfire and .243 for foxes 

Atb

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Remmington has been " resting " during game season but will be out if the weather ever settles down. 

Been fine ,tbh no regrets for pigeon and squirrel but for 125 a great price. My go to air rifle last year .

Looking forward to getting squizzers off the feeders.When we put the birds down. 

This time of year I'm mainly. 22 rimfire and .243 for foxes 

Atb

Cheers BC. The Remington at that price doesn’t have a built in/on moderator, it’s the open sighted version.? I’ve got to say, they look pretty well engineered for the money.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...