Corona precautions

How are the pest controllers on here dealing with things? I'm still getting calls for rats and squirrels. I'm not keen on going in all these houses. I'm wearing overalls, gloves and mask. Also spraying hands/bag with anti bac as soon as I'm back in the car. Still making me nervous though 

We are establishing  the status of the household, ie anyone ill there, anyone vulnerable, on phone before you go. Get all the info of the nature and location over phone and when you get there have minimum communication to risk assess the need to attend. If it is likely to be a genuine health/hygiene we will go. Can you tackle it from outside. Only take in what we want. Like you ppe is always worn and we let them know that.. Tip on gloves wear a couple of gloves and you can strip them off leaving clean pairs beneath. We will ensure that clients observe the distance rules, preferably with anyone in the property  kept in room or rooms that you are not entering. Try not to touch the high contact areas handles, banisters, switch. And we don’t get any signature on the iPad report or if you are paper don’t give them your pen.

take care

• Like 2

Most of my jobs involve no customer contact whatsoever. Many of the gardens are with second homes and the British owners won't be coming out for some time so I have been contacting them and offering to check their mail boxes, feed the koi carp or do whatever I can do to help. When I go to the gardens though I always wear gloves when opening and closing the gates as you can never be sure whether anyone else has just been there. I'm not having cups of tea and coffee with those who are residents and keeping my distance. At the end of the month I'll have to collect some cheques and cash from the quarterly payers who can't do bank transfers so I'll have to ask them to leave it on an outside table or window sill and pick it up from there whilst wearing gloves then put the receipt in their mail box. But otherwise it is business as usual.

Same as me. I just do moles like Chris, and rarely see many of my customers.

I'm just gloving up and getting on with it although I haven't had any new enquiries in a couple of weeks.

I'd be nervous of someone entering my house right now and conversations with tradesmen bear this out. Sparks and plumbers having booked domestic jobs cancelled hand over fist.