opening up "barking/yapping"

Guest joe ox
Dont use a collar mate it will do more harm than good.

i dont like the idea mate to be honest. its just im out of options. hes a good little dog thats had plenty of bunnys.. took many off the seat too. its just the yapping i cant cope with. i thought he would have grown out of it but he aint :(

What sort of numbers do you pick up with him on the lamp?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I SEE IT AS STUPID BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN DOGS GET A SHOCK OF AN E COLLAR WHEN THEY ARE CHASING, A LOT OF PEOPLE USE THEM TO STOP DOGS CHASING SHEEP OR LIVESTOCL. WHEN THE DOG GETS A SHOCK IT WILL JUMP WITH SURPRISE, FRIGHT, IT MIGHT SQUEAL OR YELP IF THE SETTING ON THE COLLAR IS HIGH OR THE DOG IS WET IF ITS OUT LAMPING IN THE RAIN WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS USUALLY THE DOG QUITS THE CHASE AND COMES BACK TO YOU WITH TAIL BETWEEN LEGS OR IT MIGHT RUN OFF THE OTHER WAY KEEP ON DOING THIS AND THE DOG WILL MAKE A LINK IN ITS MIND BETWEN THE SHOCK AND CHASING THE RABBIT :doh::doh:

fair enuff..

just for the record useing a E COLLER to stop there dogs running BEAST/LIVE STOCK has got to be the stupidest thing i've also heard of.

Dont use a collar mate it will do more harm than good.

i dont like the idea mate to be honest. its just im out of options. hes a good little dog thats had plenty of bunnys.. took many off the seat too. its just the yapping i cant cope with. i thought he would have grown out of it but he aint :(

What sort of numbers do you pick up with him on the lamp?

anything from 100 to 350....

jokeing mate... average 3 to 4 on a night out.

Guest joe ox
That could be your answer there give him more runs.

am i missing something here ? im lucky to see more than that on a night out lol :blink:

If thats the case dont worry about the yapping its not as if your going to clear the field of rabbits is it.

dont get rid of the dog and dont use an e collar. my friend had the same problem and he gave his dog a month without seeing a rabbit. then took him out to a spot where we new there was loads of rabbits that havent ever been lamped. my uncles farm. bingo he caught 19 and dosent yap any more. hope this helps

That could be your answer there give him more runs.

am i missing something here ? im lucky to see more than that on a night out lol :blink:

If thats the case dont worry about the yapping its not as if your going to clear the field of rabbits is it.

or it could be the "YAPPING" scares them off..... :tongue2:

and if there were 4 and he got 4 wouldent that be clearing them off ? or does there have to be 100's on one field to count ?

Edited by Boom
dont get rid of the dog and dont use an e collar. my friend had the same problem and he gave his dog a month without seeing a rabbit. then took him out to a spot where we new there was loads of rabbits that havent ever been lamped. my uncles farm. bingo he caught 19 and dosent yap any more. hope this helps

just a month lol i gave mine 6month haha

either way its not going to stop so it looks like he will just have to have emty walks

i cant see how running more rabbits will cure the dog .....maybe iam wrong ive never owned a yapper ..ive been lucky ..and may my luck continue .......i can see what u are saying but as the dog gets more tired will it not get more frustrated and cause it to yapp more ...????its hard to tell why a dog yaps ..is it frusration or is it excitement ......tough one to call really with out watching the dog .....

i cant see how running more rabbits will cure the dog .....maybe iam wrong ive never owned a yapper ..ive been lucky ..and may my luck continue .......i can see what u are saying but as the dog gets more tired will it not get more frustrated and cause it to yapp more ...????its hard to tell why a dog yaps ..is it frusration or is it excitement ......tough one to call really with out watching the dog .....

both lol...

im ok with the dog on a night out on his own mate.. im just not willing to take him with my other dog :(

i wasent willing to get rid of him duo to yapping mate, its not on. the dog dosent deserv it.. so what i did was get another dog :) so in one way in happy either way it goes...

i spose he thinks hes doin good in yapping giving his breed ?????? im not sure :doh:

Edited by Boom

iv got the same cross and mine started to yap . But mine had a bump out the garden and put him out for 6/8 weeks hes fine now but its more or less stopped except when he misses a strike or the rabbit turns sharp and got to make up lost ground but then its only one little yap thats it . But that not all the time once every few week

everyones biggest fear when running their pups for the first couple of sessions lamping,my first lamping dog used to do it on his first couple of runs,then would quieten down,that was my own fault for running him at 5 months old :D ,you live and learn.i now dont enter my dogs untill 11 months at the earliest.once they start they never stop in my opinion.owning a yapper is something i would never personally own again but each to their own