Got The Slot.....?

I am a massive FX fan and prefer the Impact but as long as it's FX, you will have a cracker and the Crown would be on my wish list if I was getting a .22fac although the Wildcat is as well, just the bloody mags.......

Go and spend some dosh and enjoy whatever you decide on.

Phil

• Thanks 1

FX fan myself now , never use to be 

crown can be a bit long 

impact has more adjustability and shorter

wildcat nice and short but only 8 shot mag and not that adjustable 

dream line can be interchangeable to make it in the gun you want , so best of the other three and they have come out with a plenum , which is real good apparently 

My choice would be impact mk2 with the bigger plenum , which is standard now. With this you can shoot light pellets to heavy slugs in .22

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, villaman said:

FX fan myself now , never use to be 

crown can be a bit long 

impact has more adjustability and shorter

wildcat nice and short but only 8 shot mag and not that adjustable 

dream line can be interchangeable to make it in the gun you want , so best of the other three and they have come out with a plenum , which is real good apparently 

My choice would be impact mk2 with the bigger plenum , which is standard now. With this you can shoot light pellets to heavy slugs in .22

Yeah, I was wondering about the dreamline, I’ve seen one as a bullpup with carbon bottle. Don’t know anything about them though?  On https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/air-rifles/fx/pre-charged-pneumatic/22/dreampup-carbon-bottle-191119121305007

edit to say, I know this one is 12ft lb, but I assume they will be available on section 1

Edited by Dervburner

Well I’ve just had a look at a the latest impact, it’s got a new design magazine. I was impressed by how quiet it is on max power. A nice hogue grip and a new type plenum chamber. Seems like a good tool, but I don’t know if I can get past the looks. I enquired about a section 1 crown. Apparently ASI aren’t the importers anymore, I was told it’s sportsman that have taken fx on. Don’t if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Well I’ve just had a look at a the latest impact, it’s got a new design magazine. I was impressed by how quiet it is on max power. A nice hogue grip and a new type plenum chamber. Seems like a good tool, but I don’t know if I can get past the looks. I enquired about a section 1 crown. Apparently ASI aren’t the importers anymore, I was told it’s sportsman that have taken fx on. Don’t if that’s a good thing or a bad thing?

I never liked the look of the impact , but after handling one and shooting one , my mind changed very quickly.

Tony at ASI has been very good to me , but sportingmangun have taken order of 900 guns in the past week and a bit and they will be at the shooting show over the weekend .

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, villaman said:

I never liked the look of the impact , but after handling one and shooting one , my mind changed very quickly.

Tony at ASI has been very good to me , but sportingmangun have taken order of 900 guns in the past week and a bit and they will be at the shooting show over the weekend .

Yes, by the time I got home the shop had left me a message on my answerphone saying that section 1 .22 crowns should be available in about a week. I haven’t phoned them back yet for details.

I have had the Impact for over three years and from the day I first tried it on the range I fell in love with the gun in terms of shooting the Impact. It's never going to win any prizes for looks and I don't like military style rifles BUT the handling is something quite different to any other gun.......................................................try one and you will be hooked.

Phil

• Like 1
Just now, philpot said:

I have had the Impact for over three years and from the day I first tried it on the range I fell in love with the gun in terms of shooting the Impact. It's never going to win any prizes for looks and I don't like military style rifles BUT the handling is something quite different to any other gun.......................................................try one and you will be hooked.

Phil

I was impressed when I handled one today Phil. I handled a dreamline in synthetic and dreamlite and also a crown for comparison. These were all 12ft lb guns, only the impact was fac, I asked about an fac crown and it’s looking like a week or so if I wanted to order one. I’ll phone them back for more details on that, probably tomorrow.?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Go for the impact .22 

best .22 FAC air imho

This impact has got me thinking vm. Do you know anything about these new impact mags, they’re huge, I think he said 30 rounds? You take the clear cover off to load, just drop them in. No spring tension that I could see, looks like a D shaped centre boss that drives the unit? 

Thats about it.     I know the .25 is 26 shot and I did consider getting one but the price was sooooooo high, I will stick to my two 16 shot mags.  The Mk11 Impact is a cracking piece of kit and I would love to upgrade to one but it is not going to happen.

Phil

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, philpot said:

Thats about it.     I know the .25 is 26 shot and I did consider getting one but the price was sooooooo high, I will stick to my two 16 shot mags.  The Mk11 Impact is a cracking piece of kit and I would love to upgrade to one but it is not going to happen.

Phil

Yeah, not cheap Phil. This is doing my head in now, starting to wish I hadn’t called in the shop?

should’ve got another slot for .25 as well, then have a crown and an impact? but I didn’t do that for this very reason.

• Haha 2