well after 2-3 years thinking about it i bought a 2nd hand sako quad on friday and put my hawke sidewinder 6.5-20x42 on it.have to thank glos firearms for the best service ever,variation was done in 3.5 days.the sako is for sure a step up from a lr and a better gun than my weatherby which is basically a anschutz.not had much time with it but have put 190 rounds through it over the weekend and it does not like cci 30g hp,s but does like hornady 30gv-max only downside is ammo is about £16 a box.finally got the little rifle shooting well today after a little testing and at 50m put in a fairly good 5 shot group.if it repeats this at 100m then it will be a nice little plinker.can not get over the noise that this little magnum makes though.people know you are shooting it for miles around?

22wmr 035.JPG

22wmr 033.JPG

22wmr 036.JPG

• Like 8

Very nice and interestingly exactly the gun I am looking at but in wood so I will be watching closely as to your findings with much interest. What mod have you fitted or have you fitted one.  I was told the SAK is fine and cheap but the Wildcat Panther and Evolution tones it down quite a bit but at a price.

Enjoy your new gun.

Phil

29 minutes ago, MAUSERMAN said:

Ive got a Savage 22WMR it also dislikes CCI and likes Hornady 30gr . Yep the crack for that little cartridge is quite something!!!

My rfd has one of these in s/h in mint condition but I know very little about Savage guns so don't know if they are a good gun or not so it would be good to get your views on the gun.

Phil

21 hours ago, philpot said:

Very nice and interestingly exactly the gun I am looking at but in wood so I will be watching closely as to your findings with much interest. What mod have you fitted or have you fitted one.  I was told the SAK is fine and cheap but the Wildcat Panther and Evolution tones it down quite a bit but at a price.

Enjoy your new gun.

Phil

i did try my .22lr mod which i think is a sak and it did reduce the noise level to .22lr high velocity ish.gun did not like the mod on it though and i do not think it is man enough but that is just a feeling i got using it.looks like it will be shot without as i do not want to put in for another variation so soon.