Sign in to follow this  

A friend keeps trapping moles in his garden , but they keep comeing back ( not the dead ones lol ) any way of preventing this ?

5 hours ago, steve66 said:

A friend keeps trapping moles in his garden , but they keep comeing back ( not the dead ones lol ) any way of preventing this ?

Don’t think so but if he uses his noggin he will find the place or places where they are coming in after he’s removed the current moles to take over the new empty patch, find there entry point an jist leave a few traps in all time, an that way you’ll get em before they make a mess of garden, that’s the best I’d be hoping for tbh, but somebody cleverer then me will prob be along to tell you how to do it in a minute 😁😂

• Like 2

When he sets the traps tell him to use a nice pot or summat to cover the trap site aswell then he jist has to lift pot to see if trap been fired, make a morning ritual of walking perimeter with a brew checking traps 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cheers ill show him this thread , think he thought he could sett afew traps and that's it 

On 02/01/2020 at 18:05, tilimangro said:

This^^^^^^

find the main run

permanent set putange trap there

jobs a goodun

Don't forget to invoice every quarter 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Don't forget to invoice every quarter 😉

It’s okay Iv sent him my address 😁😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

It’s okay Iv sent him my address 😁😂

Seriously, that is how I work. Once I've cleared the garden I leave a few Putanges in the commuting tunnels either under a clod marked with orange paint or in soft ground, a wooden cover made from decking boards. The traps are checked twice a month, more often if there is a new infestation that the permanent traps have missed or if the customer contacts me about new activity. In practise it is rare for the permanent traps not to deal with newcomers. The customer pay for the clearance and then a monthly service charge.

They get a mole-free garden and I get regular income. Only takes between five to fifteen minutes to check each garden and I can plan routes to avoid too much travel. It is a lot better than running all over the place dealing with random clearances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Seriously, that is how I work. Once I've cleared the garden I leave a few Putanges in the commuting tunnels either under a clod marked with orange paint or in soft ground, a wooden cover made from decking boards. The traps are checked twice a month, more often if there is a new infestation that the permanent traps have missed or if the customer contacts me about new activity. In practise it is rare for the permanent traps not to deal with newcomers. The customer pay for the clearance and then a monthly service charge.

They get a mole-free garden and I get regular income. Only takes between five to fifteen minutes to check each garden and I can plan routes to avoid too much travel. It is a lot better than running all over the place dealing with random clearances.

See I’m not as daft as a look😁 it’s makes sense tho an it’s the way I’d deal with rabbits, so when I started trying the moles I just applied same theory, albeit without the money involved as I only do em for close friends an folk who bring summat to table 😁 nice to know I’m on right track tho👍

• Like 1