Just a lovely day

Arry

Well after ringing my mate decided togo today, first light pissing down and blowing a hooley thought we had made a wrong'un. After driving up a flooded boggy lane things where looking even worse. We have had some hard times recently with ground that has RHD and Mixie, coupled with a few blanks because of that. I had suggested a piece of ground where we had a few at the start of the season, burrows we had already done. Well did not expect much as we had done them before this year, but needed a confidence boost, they are easy burrows. Parked the motor half way up the hedge as ground was so wet, if I drove in the field I don't think we would not have got out. Any way struck out across the field and I could see in the grass there is indeed a few about here. Came to a short piece of hedge that stands alone 25 yards or so long, looked at it and thought, maybe a brace here. Shot the long net around a 50 yard and a bit. Sure enough a brace real quick, good confidence booster, next a really awkward corner and another quick brace. Two open ground burrows next, my mate tilled the holes I shot the long net around in a circle. Put four small ferrets in and after about fifteen minutes three, then fired the sweeper in (fox my best ferret, if it's in there she will find it)  it was empty they had done their job. Next a bigger open ground burrow same set up as last, this  took longer four small ferrets in, only two. Thought to myself there is more in here, picked the little ones up and fired in Sox she is a good ferret not quite as good as Fox but two more one after another. so a lovely day was had as it fined away sun came out and the wind dropped. I didn't expect that as we had done it already this year, a good confidence boost for us. We don't get big numbers down here, especially recently.

Cheers Arry

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, ollieollie said:

Sounds perfect arry!!!

Just one of them days that clicked, against the odds. Got to say I enjoyed it. Thought I would try and share if you know what I mean.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ventured out my self on Sunday arry.

Much like you had a nice morning out we done a few easy burys as my mate is in poor health resulting in 5 rabbits out of 6 burys purse netted 4 and bolted the last for the dogs. Had a laugh when my pal propped him self against a tree while the ferrets done their job one bolted and so he just fell on it. Lol

Happy days.

The same burys 6 year ago would have given us 20 plus.

Plus we rested this land last year, all five rabbits we had were this year's as well.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Ventured out my self on Sunday arry.

Much like you had a nice morning out we done a few easy burys as my mate is in poor health resulting in 5 rabbits out of 6 burys purse netted 4 and bolted the last for the dogs. Had a laugh when my pal propped him self against a tree while the ferrets done their job one bolted and so he just fell on it. Lol

Happy days.

The same burys 6 year ago would have given us 20 plus.

Plus we rested this land last year, all five rabbits we had were this year's as well.

Like you we been suffering a bit this year, but you can't buy them times. Got to savour them.

Can't beat being out there and when there's a laugh between mates its great. We are only two handed and if people heard us they would never think we was mates Lol, But love the banter. He gave me stick " oh you just stand there" while he dived at one that got out of a purse then it hit the long net dived again got out of that then got back netted. Sometimes you wish you could have filmed Lol. Wanted to take some photo's today but some muppet left his phone on charge at home.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1