Little girls first trip

Took my middle daughter out today as shes been banging on bout coming ferreting.

20191124_083009.jpg.bedc3a04a36d775bccaf625106038940.jpg

She loved being out... but wasnt keen on seeing the rabbits in the nets... so had to keep the dispatch and gutting out of sight... but she did look after the rabbits and have a good look at them, out of curiousity.

We had 2 in the two small warrens we did with 2 new to working jills that show good potential.

FF

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

Took my middle daughter out today as shes been banging on bout coming ferreting.

20191124_083009.jpg.bedc3a04a36d775bccaf625106038940.jpg

She loved being out... but wasnt keen on seeing the rabbits in the nets... so had to keep the dispatch and gutting out of sight... but she did look after the rabbits and have a good look at them, out of curiousity.

We had 2 in the two small warrens we did with 2 new to working jills that show good potential.

FF

Good on you pal that's how I started many years ago with mine, she don't half help me out though i take the whole family out with me sometimes, we have actually all been out today 

One thing that sticks in my mind is taking a chap.off here called Nobby out as he wanted to learn ferreting and long netting. After a.few.times out he said his kids were interested and wanted to join in so took the whole family Mrs and kids out and put them on a nice easy set with plenty of bunnies and just enjoyed sitting watching them, his kids loved it and he then repaid the favour by getting me into sea kayaking and we have been good friends ever since 

• Like 5

Well done for taking her out with you, prime time.

You have to savour those days wether it be Ferreting, Shooting or Fishing etc out teaching the kids. They are priceless memories, so many the lads cooking sausages threaded on a hazel whip over a little camp fire while fishing for flounder. Or the youngest lad shouting insults at a net he was tilling that kept falling just because he was hungry. Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

She did well asking questions and being polite to the land owner... got an invite to come and sit on one of the horses too.

Not been a great weekend for me as i lost my granddad on friday morning. He always asked about me ferrets and was interested in me hobbies.

I have fond memories of him passing on knowledge that i wont forget.

FF

27 minutes ago, Furrosious ferreter said:

She did well asking questions and being polite to the land owner... got an invite to come and sit on one of the horses too.

Not been a great weekend for me as i lost my granddad on friday morning. He always asked about me ferrets and was interested in me hobbies.

I have fond memories of him passing on knowledge that i wont forget.

FF

Sad to here your loss of your Granddad mate, it's good you honouring him by taking on board his knowledge by that it's not wasted. Atb

Arry

• Like 2