HELLO TO ALL.MY COLLIE-WHIPPET GOT HER SELF CORT ON BARBED WIRE AND RIPED HER INSIDE LEG BADLY SO I TUCK HER TO THE LOCAL VETS.WELL I COULDNT BELIVE WHOT I WAS TOLD. THEY WANTED 750 POUNDS TO SEW HER UP AND THEY WANTED THE MONEY BEFORE THEY WOULD TOUCH HER.IS IT NOT ABOUT THE ANIMAL ANYMORE SURLY THE DOGS WELFARE SHOULD HAVE COME FIRST. :no: WHOT DO YOU ALL THINK?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

750 thats terrible they should of got your dog sorted first and then seen you about a price they could of least offerd you to pay monthly .i know i couldent afford to pay that outright(wonder what they would of said if you had walked out with your dog!

My old dog broke his tail last year and, despite telling the vet he was insured, he insisted on payment with each treatment. Total bill including x-rays and amputation was around £500. Took him the claim form and he said it'd be away that day. 4 weeks late and no cheque, I called the insurance company and went nuts cos they 'claimed' they hadn't received it, but faxed me a new one. Took it to my vet that evening and the receptionist told me he the vet hadn't filled in any claim forms for at least 3 months, then showed me two file boxes FULL of insurance claims. I went feckin berserk! This is a guy my whole family have trusted with our dogs for almost 20 years! He was quick enough to take my money but not too quick to get me it back! That pr1ck USED to be my vet!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

If the vast majority of white coats today really gave a flying f*ck about our animals well being, why would they sell ye sacks of greasy, carcinogenic, pelleted pets which will destroy the Dogs teeth, f*ck up its anal glands and then give it cancer?

Possibly because they just can't lose that way? Profit all the way, for them, isn't it? They're simply recycling ye heart ache and distress via ye animals and bleeding ye dry throughout.

And now we're ~ most of us wise to their little " Boosters " scam .....

Estate Agents. 'Personal Injury' Solicitors. White Coats.

the vet i use for my dogs if any treatment is needed they never mention how much it'l cost its always " is he insured ? ". now i heard from a relative who works for a vetineray hospital in midlothian that the vet makes more money if its payment through insurers rather than the payment from the client :hmm:

WHOTS THE POINT IN REPORTING THEM.YOU CANT WIN WITH THESE PEOPLE. :boxing:

Did you get the dog stitched up? You should demand an itemised receipt and contact the British Veterinary Association. That is hundreds of pounds more than the job should have been.

WHOTS THE POINT IN REPORTING THEM.YOU CANT WIN WITH THESE PEOPLE. :boxing:

Did you get the dog stitched up? You should demand an itemised receipt and contact the British Veterinary Association. That is hundreds of pounds more than the job should have been.

TO BE HONEST NO I DIDNT HAVE HER STITCHED UP I DIDNT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY BUT IT STILL COST ME 122 POUND FOR A PAINKILLER AND A ANTBIOTC AND THE VET DIDNT EVEN CLEAN THE WOUND.WHEN I GOT HER HOME I PUT PAPER STITCHERS ON IT AND A GOOD BANDIGE AND SOME WOUND POWDER ON IT.I KEEP A CHECK ON IT AND SHES ON ANTIBIOTCS THATS THE BEST WE CAN DO.MY HUSBAND SAID HE UNDERSTANDS WHY THERE IS SO MANY ANIMALS LEFT TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM.I NO YOU SHOULDNT HAVE THE DOGS IF YOU CANT AFORD THEM BUT YOU DONT EXPECT THE VET BILLS TO BE SO MUCH.

P.S SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING BUT I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHOT IM TRYING TO SAY. :doh: