Moorman

Elchapo

Here’s the pics of the gyr x American kestrel I said I’d get for you mate took awhile as weather down here hasn’t been playing ball . 

It took a likening to my hat for some reason and after a couple swoops to lure it decide to investigate me lol 

B5D5CFA8-B629-4FDA-B672-2F87EF763331.jpeg

9309034F-7379-4724-B29F-9F674B8F09DD.jpeg

30A6F730-CC9F-4A19-B43C-F7521197B89A.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

Thanks thats a cracking little long wing. With it being from that mix it should be a gamey little thing, have you seen it on any quarry?

Seen it trying to push birds out of the trees but not seen it on a kill yet , problem is soon birds see my mate they no what’s coming so they scarper , seen it trying to push a rook from out the top of a tree , was funny to see but could also get its self in some trouble it thinks it’s a golden eagle lol it will get off after most things and it’s best flight was after a starling , 

There peregrine x American is a gutsy little fecker to lol there great to watch flying and once they get on things the flights can be great , the lad who owns them is 72 and still gets out regularly with them but I can’t help but imagine the flights he could get if he just a little more nimble , there’s a spot near him which holds some thick cover if he could get up through there he would have a better position at the quarry 

9 minutes ago, Moorman 1 said:

He should slip from a vehicle he would be able to get a lot closer to the quarry. The pere x AK's are gutsy little things and don't seem to realise their size, or lack of it, lol.

Yea I’m going offer to drive him round do bit car hawking , or offer to try get a slip from the cover for him , some the farmers tracks through the fields will get us close enough for a decent slip 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...