Lazer bore sight.

Hi all i have seen this on e-bay sorry for my ignorance but what are they used for are they used for zeroing in your air rifle.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=018

thats what it looks like to me.

you stick it in the end of your barrel turn it on, look throught you scope at an object say 25m's away then adjust your scope so that the cross hairs line upto the red dot.

well thats what i think you do anyway.

looks good to me.

RCT

These should if fitted correctly to the right caliber of rifle easily allow shooters to zero their telescopic sights / laser sights effectivley without fireing a shot. Basically you insert the narrow end of the arbor that matches the caliber of your rifle into the bore tighten it countrclockwise using a screwdriver, then attatch the laser sight to the broader end of the fixated arbor switch on the laser sight for the alignment of your telescopic sight / laser sight and Bobs your uncle,

Hope this helps

Coney.

Hi thanks for that fellows i was confused as maltenby said pellets go in a arc but must be good for a quick zero then you can fine tune might be good for night vision just saves time cheers Dowen.

That is correct, as you say the scope is quickly brought to a near zero and it's a very easy task after that to fine tune.

All pellets and bullets travel in an ark of some degree and true zero can only be achieved at a set distance by point of impact.

I don’t think a bore sight is worth the investment for airgun shooting as the pellets are so cheap, but they are well worth buying if you’re on larger bore rifles with single bullets costing a couple of quid each, and of course it makes zeroing a large bore rifle a lot safer job.