Trapping

I thought I would set a couple of traps to start my season off so I went to a local Sand pit what I have been watching all Summer ,  in August you would see a few running about big and small but today there was nothing ? the setts looked very well used but Dead  the lack of Shit gives the game away because if they are there they always Shit and Foul the land if there are plenty you can also smell the Ammonia  in their Piss, anyhow I set a couple of holes but I don't think so but it was a nice walk anyway 

DSCF2235.JPG

DSCF2238.JPG

DSCF2244.JPG

Micky, I found a nice patch yesterday, good numbers into a hedge line. I went in and there is one prominent hole that goes into a bank covered in bramble so its not going to be one for the ferrets. I need to trap it. Regarding a fenn in the entrance of a hole is there any particular method to try ensure the front legs of the rabbit trigger is, to avoid it hitting with its back legs. 

13 minutes ago, darrren said:

Micky, I found a nice patch yesterday, good numbers into a hedge line. I went in and there is one prominent hole that goes into a bank covered in bramble so its not going to be one for the ferrets. I need to trap it. Regarding a fenn in the entrance of a hole is there any particular method to try ensure the front legs of the rabbit trigger is, to avoid it hitting with its back legs. 

Place the trap where  there is just enough room for the trap to Fire , do not alter the Floor height  unless you are packing it up , make sure that the back of the trap is not going hit the Roof of the tube first , keep the trap as far back as you can . That is the sum of my knowledge on Fenns.

• Like 2

Thanks micky I'll get one set tomorrow. There's a few good places there for a snare also but I think a fenn is the way here as its the one hole they're using to fly into the fields. 

I understand what you mean about rabbits dissappear though I saw 30 odd in a field one year and I went a week later to snare it up and didn't see any and havnt since in that spot, very odd.