Tried tying on bands to pouch using a constrictor knot with marlow no4 whipping twine. I’ve watched how it’s done on the net, but I just don’t seem to be doing it right......in that after a few shots I believe it’s nipping and  under stress it’s snapping the band.

I reckon the reason maybe I’m tightening it up a bit too tight. In the vids you keep the  knot slightly loose then stretch the bands a bit more then slide the knot back to the pouch, tighten a bit more and repeat a couple of times. I’m sure I’m just maybe nipping it a bit too tight.

What you reckon and how do you tie yours on?

Edited by Shortstraw

2 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Tried tying on bands to pouch using a constrictor knot with marlow no4 whipping twine. I’ve watched how it’s done on the net, but I just don’t seem to be doing it right......in that after a few shots I believe it’s nipping and  under stress it’s snapping the band.

I reckon the reason maybe I’m tightening it up a bit too tight. In the vids you keep the  knot slightly loose then stretch the bands a bit more then slide the knot back to the pouch, tighten a bit more and repeat a couple of times. I’m sure I’m just maybe nipping it a bit too tight.

What you reckon and how do you tie yours on?

Have never used constrictor knots but used to tuck and wrap my pouch,s on, nowadays I just use a small section of 17/45 tubing and a pair of long nose pliers, / circling pliers seems to last much longer than any form of wrapping and usually breaks elsewhere  before the pouch also much quicker ??

A92A6F71-D6DC-430C-B38E-7D8FD8809176.jpeg

BFD54533-6AFA-406E-B3D3-FE9EDEFA9DD8.jpeg

437CA1B5-61D5-4EBA-852C-CB6C11C34E42.jpeg

• Like 1

Greyman.......thanks for the pics.  That a great idea with the tubing, I’ll give it ago.

c.green...... I’ve done a little more looking into the constrictor knot and the video I watched said to stretch the band  before tying the knot. I’ve now watched the simpleshot video and he says only to stretch the band maybe an eighth of an inch which I suspose makes more sense.

Im still learning, but it’s all good fun and thank goodness I haven’t hit my hand for a bit now because the last one has only just healed and it still a bit tender.