brass & balls

29 minutes ago, si brown said:

My mates shot it for about 14 years so any invite is gladly accepted ?

Your trotters must be aching after 11 miles in an evening, I’ve only ever shot a large pig farm near York a couple of times and they do hold fox in good numbers, I  gave the lad who invited me a day on the pheasants as a thank you and when he was out with me he was telling me that he shoots a couple of really big egg units as well and the pigs always produced more foxes for him 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Your trotters must be aching after 11 miles in an evening, I’ve only ever shot a large pig farm near York a couple of times and they do hold fox in good numbers, I  gave the lad who invited me a day on the pheasants as a thank you and when he was out with me he was telling me that he shoots a couple of really big egg units as well and the pigs always produced more foxes for him 

Waiting on the rape to come down on our local chicken farm then that will be getting a visit:) 

• Like 2

We are the same over this way, we are waiting for the rape to come down around the shoot and a couple of farms, everything is running a bit late this year with not getting long enough breaks in the weather over the last week or so, all the barley is down now so that’s giving us a few to go at, it must of been a good year for them as there’s a couple of places that we only ever seen the odd one or two over the winter where they have now taken up residents 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

We are the same over this way, we are waiting for the rape to come down around the shoot and a couple of farms, everything is running a bit late this year with not getting long enough breaks in the weather over the last week or so, all the barley is down now so that’s giving us a few to go at, it must of been a good year for them as there’s a couple of places that we only ever seen the odd one or two over the winter where they have now taken up residents 

Was talking to the old boy who owns my local shop yesterday.... he has his own shoot and he was saying there are more cubs this year than he’s ever known!

mainly down to bigger litters 

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Was talking to the old boy who owns my local shop yesterday.... he has his own shoot and he was saying there are more cubs this year than he’s ever known!

mainly down to bigger litters 

That seems to be the case over this way, I’ll be giving it an hour on the cut barley later, it’s the first time in a very long time we have found fox earths on that land

• Like 1