Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, big ask I know but looking for a permission in South Hampshire based in Havant ,BASC member ,shotgun or air rifle

thanks Sam

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, sam r said:

Hi, big ask I know but looking for a permission in South Hampshire based in Havant ,BASC member ,shotgun or air rifle

thanks Sam

I'll be the first to say it; only way is knocking on farmers door mate. Be polite, dress sensibly (not head to toe in cammo) and if possible have a business type card with your name number & the reason he has the card in his pocket. And if it's a no, take it on  the chin & remain polite. Best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post

hi BenBhoy , ive already contemplated this business card approach ,a lot of farms around me are own by  estates with tenant farmers ,after a chat with one farmer on Saturday he said my chances were slim at best ,hence my ad here ,but for the sake of a tenner ill go with ,card plan and try to get further a field

cheers

Share this post


Link to post

I can honestly say the business cards worked for me. But still talk to someone face to face (don't just post card and scarper). I've had couple permission where he's said no, pocketed card & called me back months later to ask if I'm still interested. 

Trouble with asking here mate, everyone has permission or in same boat as you. You might get offer of the odd day alongside someone (which is great don't get me wrong) but unlikely to result in your own perm where you can go when you like. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I can honestly say the business cards worked for me. But still talk to someone face to face (don't just post card and scarper). I've had couple permission where he's said no, pocketed card & called me back months later to ask if I'm still interested. 

Trouble with asking here mate, everyone has permission or in same boat as you. You might get offer of the odd day alongside someone (which is great don't get me wrong) but unlikely to result in your own perm where you can go when you like. 

well im open to anything so ill give it ago ,nothing ventured and all ,cheers

Share this post


Link to post

One problem is that people take someone similar to you out for a bit of shooting and the next thing you know is that the guest is going out on the shoot on their own and leaving junk  and cartridge cases all over the place or even gone to the owner and tried to pay money for the shoot. Sometimes the original shooter has been called and the farmer has ripped him a new port hole for damage and mess and told not to come back. That's some of the reason that its difficult.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Meece said:

One problem is that people take someone similar to you out for a bit of shooting and the next thing you know is that the guest is going out on the shoot on their own and leaving junk  and cartridge cases all over the place or even gone to the owner and tried to pay money for the shoot. Sometimes the original shooter has been called and the farmer has ripped him a new port hole for damage and mess and told not to come back. That's some of the reason that its difficult.

Cuckoos

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Meece said:

One problem is that people take someone similar to you out for a bit of shooting and the next thing you know is that the guest is going out on the shoot on their own and leaving junk  and cartridge cases all over the place or even gone to the owner and tried to pay money for the shoot. Sometimes the original shooter has been called and the farmer has ripped him a new port hole for damage and mess and told not to come back. That's some of the reason that its difficult.

yeah can understand what you are saying ,but I wont be that person, easy to say I know and trying to convince others is hard but all I have is my word for it

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×