.22 RF pistol

Looking for a bit of input, again today i have been crawling around a customers loft trying to shoot a damned squirrel using one of my rimmy rifles, there are a couple of issues that arise with this, firstly the customers face when you appear from the truck carrying a gun slip, must look a bit of an overkill, then there is the complete inpracticality of wielding a four foot bangstick on a moving target in the confines of a loft. So again today i found myself thinking sod this for a game of soldiers, i need a pistol for this kind of work, not a 6ft lb air pistol, but a rimmy capable of using my beloved CCI shotshells and 29 grn shorts.

Does anyone on here use a .22 rf pistol, can you get a multi shot one or is it single or nothing, being allowed is not a prob as my issuing authority would not bat an eye lid if i put in for a sidewinder missile.

Any info on makes, price guide etc would be greatfully recieved.

Regards MT.

Hello,

I've got a couple of single shot pistols in .22, 6 mm & 9 mm (#1 & 3 bore) and 4 mm rimfire.

Especially the 4 mm is used quite a lot to dispatch rats in the lifetrap etc.

It comes with short and long cartridges doing between 12 and 16 FPE, more than enough to get that squirrel down :whistling: and very easy to silence; problem with this gun is the fact that it's hard to get the right ammo.

In .22 I have a 1950 Webley single-shot pistol and a Chech made one, both are very accurate as long as I do my part (max distance 15 - 20 meters) the big plus about a .22 is the various ammo you can use : BB / CB caps, shorts, LR and Hi & hyper velocity & shotshells.

The shotpistols work best in 9mm rimfire (max 6-7 mm) and I'm still on the look-out for a .410 shot pistol, should be even better.

Hopes you find one that sooths your needs,

Take care,

Hans

post-11999-1199546790_thumb.jpg

Guest bruno527

hows about a long barrel pistol, for club use.

personally in the confined space of a loft wether a mansion or 3 bed -semi, i would be a tad iff ,not much room for scope there or rebounds/damage etc..

i use a taurus 6-shot revolver & buckmark semi-auto......both are sweet, the taurus been heavier on the trigger.Prices £500-700 !!

but i'd stick to a half descent airifle personally. :thumbs:

Edited by bruno527