GALWAY GAME FAIR, RACECOURSE , Ballybrit 16th June

GALWAY GAME FAIR TERRIER, WHIPPET & LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIPS

Irish Country Lifestyle Festival, Galway Racecourse, Ballybrit, Sunday 16th June starting 11.30 AM

Sponsored by Feedwell

Terrier Classes

1 AV Terrier Dog Pup

2 AV Terrier Bitch Pup

3 Russell Dog Or Bitch

4 Patterdale Dog Or Bitch

5 Lakeland Dog Or Bitch

6 Border Dog Or Bitch

7AV Entered Dog

8 AV Entered Bitch

9 Crossbred Dog Or Bitch

Champion Classes 2 To 9

Puppy Winners go into Puppy Championship.

Whippet Classes

1 Whippet Dog Pup

2 Whippet Bitch Pup

3 Whippet Dog

4 Whippet Bitch

5 Entered Whippet

6 Racing Whippet

Champion 3 To 6

Puppy Winners go into Puppy Championship.

Lurcher Classes

1 Lurcher Dog Pup

2 Lurcher Bitch Pup

3 Smooth Under 23 Inch

4 Smooth Over 23 Inch

5 Rough Under 23

6 Rough Over 23

6 Any Collie Type

7 Any Bull Cross Lurcher

8 Any Saluki Cross

9 Any Lamping Lurcher

10. Greyhound class

11. Entered Hound Class

Champion Classes 3 To 11

Pups go into Puppy Championship

Please note there will be no racing in 2019 this will return in 2020.

Prize Structure:

All class winners 15Kg bag of Feedwell, Commemorative Embroidered Winners Cap and Rosettes to 4th place.

Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet Champions: €50, Embroidered Coat, Bronze Trophy and Rosette

Coats and Trophies as for Shanes Castle.

Best Opposite Sex to Champions: €25

OVERALL CHAMPION : Trophy

Puppy Champion : Bronze Trophy & Rosette

Two Lurchers, Terriers & Whippets to qualify for the Five Nations Championships at Shanes Castle

Terrier & Lurcher Trophies.JPG

Lurcher Trophies.JPG

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By appleblossom
      RACE DAY SATURDAY 2nd OCTOBER 2021
      PLEASE NOTE :
       RESCHEDULED FROM 25.9.21 DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES/ TO SATURDAY 2nd OCTOBER 21)
      AT FEAGHBRIDGE  FLAPPING TRACK
      COALISLAND,
      CO TYRONE
      FOR YOUR SAT NAV THE POST CODE IS :
      BT71 4QZ
      Booking in from 11.00am/ Racing starts 12.00 noon Approx
      Here is a list of Races
      1/ Pups
      2/ Non KC Whippets.
      3/ KC Whippets(1st, 2nd and 3rd of the heats go through, to  A,B,C Final)
      4/ UNDER 21”
      5/ UNDER 23”
      6/ OVER 23”
      7/ ROUGH UNDERS
      8/ ROUGH OVERS (if their enough dogs)
      9/ GREYHOUND DOG OR BITCH
      Entry  Fee : £5 
      To Race Your Dog : £3

Margaret Mc Stay

• By appleblossom
      TALLY HO CHARITY DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY IN AID OF SUICIDE AWARENESS, SATURDAY 21st AUGUST 21
      As I draw back the curtains on a wet August Saturday morning, my inner thoughts ran riot with my brain, throwing at me all the meaningful tasks I had to complete to get us   on our way to the Tally Ho Charity Dog Show and Race day in aid of suicide awareness.   
      As we drove off from home with dogs in toe, I had sadness in my heart, knowing this would probably be the last working dog show of 2021. Despite the continuous showers of rain in the morning,families and country sportsmen and women from North and South of the border came out in their droves. By 12 noon the field was full to capacity with every breed of dog you could name. The atmosphere was electric, the craic was good, and Peter Morgan and Liam Toner were in their element keeping everything under raps.
      As I walked around the field, I visited the many stands along the way. Mark and Amanda Delaney were there with everything you would need for your Canine friends as was Anthony Butler from County Mayo with some of his fine leathers. There was also a country sportswear stand, a burger stand,and  a bouncy castle for the little people. 
      The quality of dogs at the show on Sunday was of a very high standard and  a judges nightmare. All our little people were there, contributing in their own little way, and playing around the field with all their little Canine friends. These little boys and girls are our sportsmen and women of tomorrow.

Next on the menu was the Raffle and auction. Again the craic was mighty. Natasha Ahmed conducted the raffle and Peter Morgan the auction. Well there was a rush of excitement around the ring as Natasha called out our numbers and Fred Hallissey provided the entertainment. And some entertainment that was, but Natasha kept him under control.Well done Natasha.    
      Time passes so quickly when you are enjoying yourself, and very soon it was time for the Racing and Showing to start.
      Here are the Overall Showing Results
      Ladies Handling Class
      Joyce Scott with Duncan
      Gents Handling Class
      Brian Grady with Socks
      Overall Champion Puppy
      Jed Donagh with Ace
      Overall Champion Whippet
      Colin Tucker with Cooper 
      Overall Champion Lurcher
      Stewart Graham with Ace
      Overall Champion Terrier
      Billy Kerry with Captain
      Overall Champion Strong Dog
      Ryan O Neill with Whiskey
      Reserve
      Andy Spence with Rebel
      Overall Champion Pairs
      Eleanor Norman
      Reserve 
      Susanne Addis 
      Overall Champion Vetern
      Darren Booth with Archie
      Reserve
      Kirsty Harpur with Skyler
      ***Racing Results***
      U21  
      Errol Gardiner with Bonny
      2/Natasha Truesdale with Nova
      O23  Malcolm with Milo
      2/Kirsty Harpur with Skyler
      U21 Elites
      Patsy Mc Coy with Dallas
      2/Rose Mc Coy with Loxi
      U23 Elites
      Rose Mc Coy with Texas
      2/Colin Mc Donald with Cooper
      O23 Elites
      Michael Pardy with George
      2/ Michael Pardy with Daisy
      Hairy Overs
      Errol Gardiner with Chase
      2/ Stephanie O Connor with wicked
      Hairy Unders
      Leigh Thompson with Shirley
      2/ Barry Holland with Bell
      Bull Cross
      Jed Donagh  with Jess
      2/ Paul Donnelly with Dixie
      Whippet Dog
      Barry Chambers with Alfie
      2/ Lisa Beggs with Prydz
      Whippet Bitch
      Sean Burke with Lilly
      2/ Bradley Dynes with Jet
      Lurcher Pups
      Colin Tucker with Fletcher
      2/ Natasha Truesdale with Prada
      Congratulations to all above winners.
      Country Sports has donated so much to charity down through the years. Billy Harpur an avid sportsman himself and at the moment fighting his own battle with health donated £130,proceeds from Billy raffling one of his prized birds and cage. Some happy camper went home with a lovely prize. Well done Billy.
      And Finally, what can I say about the judges who done a brilliant, but difficult job in the ring.
      Whippets/Angela Flack. Lurchers/Fred Hallissey.Terriers/Sean Donaghy and Rob Roy. Strong Dogs/Matthew Mc Donald and Niall Mc Cann. Pets/Stephanie O Connor.Ladies and Gents handling class/Jonathan Kirwan/Childrens Handling Class/Margaret Mc Stay.
      The Racing went without a hitch, and was run by the expert hands of Chontelle Mc Meekan and Mark Mc Callion. All dogs ran and went home safe with beautiful trophys and a bag of meal. Many thanks Chontelle and Mark.
      And Finally, Finally I always leave the best to last. May I take this opportunity to thank Peter Morgan and Liam Toner for all the hard work and organisation put in to making this first time show in aid of Suicide Awareness an over whelming success. Peter and Liam, I know you worked your knuckles to the bone putting up fences, getting trophys sorted, putting up rings, getting the raffle and auction sorted out, and left nobody out and no stone unturned. 
      Peter all country sports men should be proud of you for what you have done for this charity. I am very conscious you told me all input for the show, you have financed on your own to make this show happen for charity. What a gesture. Your giving hand knows no bounds. Peter will let you all know when the remaining funds come in, the total amount of which you all contributed to, plus a presentation later to the charity.
      Suicide Awareness is a very important charity in our community and does so much to help families through the darkest days of their lives. Suicide wrecks lives and dreams, and it’s the people left behind that suffer most. Suicide has no bounds. It creeps into our homes with terrible consequences like a thief in the night. 
      Peter and Liam thank you so much for a well run Dog Show and Raceday. Peter a special word of thanks for your lovely flowers and Chocolates and all your kindness to John and myself on the day. 
      Hopefully God willing, we will look forward to getting more of the same in 2022. 
      Margaret Mc Stay 

• By appleblossom
      BOW WOW WOW Tally HOO Dog Show and Raceday Dont Forget this Top Dog Show and Race day this Saturday 21st August 21: ***Please Note : RACING IS BEFORE SHOWING. So come early so you do not miss it.*** IN AID OF SUICIDE AWARENESS POST CODE FOR YOUR SAT NAVS BT29 4JL ON SITE OF NUTTS CORNER MARKET. REAL EASY TO GET TO AND LOADS OF RINGSIDE PARKING. Booking in for Racing is from 10.00am. Showing starts at 1.00 o'clock. Admission Adults £5 (Children under 16 Go Free ) Class Entry £3 THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCY CASTLE FOR THE KIDS AND MANY STALLS OF COUNTRY SPORTS INTEREST   Margaret Mc Stay