Billy no mates

After receiving a call from the lovely old girl that owns the land where we have our pheasant shoot telling me about her rabbit problem and ringing around to see if anyone fancied a wonder out and been knocked back by everyone ( that includes you long one ?) I decided to go on my own, so I arrived around 7, after spending 30 minutes or so talking about this and that with my favourite old girl I went for a wonder, I had another reason to go up and that was to check out the fox situation I seen one about 60 yards from an earth I know to be active so as I don’t shoot them until June when I know the cubs are out and about, unless I see a lot of chewed up birds, I’ll be back up in a few weeks, we seem to have a lot of nesting pheasants in the edge of the crop, plenty of cocks on guard at the edge of the crop

so back to the hoppers, I headed back to the fields around the farm and to be fair the amount of rabbits seemed to be the farmers millions, they have seen one, they have seen a million, over the next couple of hours I managed 5 mainly just sitting up where you can see they have grazed a patch of the field off, just waiting for one to pop out, to be fair I couldn’t think of a better way to spend a couple of hours up on the top of the world, I was more than happy with the rabbit in the picture, I paced it out at 91 paces and the shot placement was just behind the eye with the little .22 rimmy, once I lost the light I gave it half an hour with the lamp on the rifle, taking another one on the back field and one in the yard I called it a night, I’m sure she will be happy with the few I’ve taken but I’m also sure that there will be a million more by the end of the week ?

764FEC62-3C9A-421F-B94C-B9A81BCFAA2C.jpeg

744EF3E0-89D9-4575-8D45-30689FAD44D1.jpeg

CB8D7E6F-D704-490B-AD5E-7F8F19EBB6AE.jpeg

• Like 9

The one I seen last night was the wrong side of a boundary for me to shoot and I would of been shooting towards a campsite, I probably would of shot it if it was on my land but to be honest I really don’t like shooting them until I know I can take the cubs as well, the problem with this place is it’s all forestry surrounded by fields so until the crop is down there’s only a few places you can shoot, once the have combined at the end of July it’s game on, it becomes the easiest place I know to call them 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Back to normal next week Stav, I'm just sat in the airport with a beer waiting for my flight to Budapest?

By you live the life, I hope you paid for extra leg room ?, my missus has just book us a week in Cape Verde and I’m glad she’s paying because I almost fell over when she told me how much it was, don’t waste all your pennies on beer, shooting show next Sunday mate and you can soon burn through cash there on all manner of things you don’t need ?

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Stavross said:

By you live the life, I hope you paid for extra leg room ?, my missus has just book us a week in Cape Verde and I’m glad she’s paying because I almost fell over when she told me how much it was, don’t waste all your pennies on beer, shooting show next Sunday mate and you can soon burn through cash there on all manner of things you don’t need ?

Cape Verde?, very nice, very nice price an all, don't worry mate I've got a stash put away for Sundays shooting show?

• Like 1