besyt place gety duffus mole traps

i dont think they will be duffas zig zag :no: they will be copys, take it from some one thats tried the cheap ones , i tried the big cheese barrel traps :( they were missfireing all the time. fooking w@nk.

in fact if the lady from kilgerm reads this, do ya selvs a favour, and get rid of all there stuff. it fecking pants.

tried there squirrel live cage a few years ago :doh: i tested it , first time the firing spring snapped. they have a little spingy band type of thing, fecking shite

I know what you mean TOMO. No they probably aren't Dufus but they are quality made British traps. They really are worth buing a few at that price just to see. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Other than that I never buy copies and always buy British (except my Canadian Kanias which I love and hate but wouldn't be without)

For cage traps and Fenn traps use The Edlington Trap Centre. excellent cage traps designed and built by trappers, and it shows. You know the sort of thing; treadle bars actually in the right place, now how rare is that?

Edited by zig zag wanderer

Hi to all ;I see this old ches~nut has come up again go back 5 pages(MOLE TRAPS by GIRO 15/11/07) I my~self buy my mole traps from the Flatpack Company;but the best traps are from Bethel Rhodes ; but there is some controversery as to wether they sell to the public !! if you type up www,warrenfarm.co.uk & click onto trap review it explains /shows you why these traps are pony (Big Cheese) whilst we are on the subject dose any one know where I can get some Talpex mole traps from just had to send some back to a firm (Big Cheese) really p*ssed off; especially as I was told they were British made salesman got a right ear~bashing won;t be using these muppets again! best regards Steve

Hi ZZW; good question that ? i think that you;ll be hard pushed to find some that are British made I;m strictly a Duffus trap man Ijust wanted some Talpex traps to use on a job that had some really shallow runs; FENN are manufacturing a trap that;s simular to the Talpex whether they are still making scissor traps or not I do not know!! or how good they were not having any experience of them !maybe some member might be able to enlighten you;the market has been flooded with cheap~crap traps; good question?ZZW STEVE

I assume you mean the new type of Fenn mole trap not the old one Steve. I have loads of them and they are very good. Get them from The Edlington Trap Centre. Work on same principle to the scissors but larger, rounder opening accross the jaws and the trigger plate pivots from one side. Difficult to explain but are nice traps. If I have a criticism it is that the spring could be a bit stronger. I had one go off when I was on site last week and I pulled it out and the mole was still alive. I released the tention and he was off like a grehound out out of the trap! Now if that had been a talpex he would have been crushed.

Hi ZZW no i meant the old type of Fenn scissor trap ;sorry if we got our wires crossed thats what I meant by saying "you;ll be hard pushed to find british made" due to the market being flooded by imitations.my mate swears by Talpex and use nothing else!! his going to lend me some so I can get that job done with the shallow runs on ;NO THANKS to that firm that send me a load of scrap metal !!! back to your question who makes the best scissor trap and British made ? I bet that some one on this forum will know Steve

• 1 month later...

Best traps are made by Bethel Rhodes and The Flat Pack Company. To contact them see my website www.warrenfarm.co.uk click on Mole ten Trap Review. Bethel Rhodes took over the manufacture of the Duffus Trap when the Duffus family gave up. The Flat Pack is a very good copy and actually has a stonger spring and is made from slightly thicker wire. Disadvantage of the latter trap is that they are slightly less easy to set sensitively, but on the other hand the moles seldom bend the trigger loop as they do with a Bethel Rhodes

Edited by username47