On the crows

I popped down to my nearest perm, 5 mins away, as they always have issues with crows on the dairy farm BUT these birds are very twitchy to say the least. I had to site myself in one of the open ended barns ready for the crows as they land to pinch cattle feed that has been spilled out on the floor.

This venue is normally quite windy being half a mile in from the sea and fac rifles do much better in the side winds but today it didn't help one little bit as I just kept missing, close but not bang on. A quick test showed things were ok with the scope BUT when I had any converging / low contrast backgrounds or birds in the trees, my right eye that has a cataract was not able to see the cross hairs clearly. Today was the first time I had been out in daylight with the Impact for many months and it just showed how bad my right eye has become.

I came home after about an hour feeling pretty fed up with myself and on reflection I will have to use the NiteSite in daylight as well until I hear from the hospital to get my eye sorted.

It is a bit strange that although I am right handed and my right eye is my master eye, vision is blurred however I don't seem to have any issues shooting with my shotguns.........thankfully.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

You get to choose the lense they fit regarding long distance or short 

A bit complex but in essence yes you can choose BUT I have a cataract in my left eye as well which is nowhere near ready to have surgery as yet. If I had a totally corrected lens, it will require surgery in the other eye as well. I have reading glasses but whilst I should have normal glasses as well but I do just fine without so what level of correction do I have ???

I think there will be some correction but how much, I don't know yet. I will just be happy when I can have the surgery.

Phil