Shore fishing East coast

Does anyone on here do it?

Done a bit of boat fishing but thinking of having a go off shore, pier, beach, walls whatever. 

I'm North East side of Donny so humber not far for me, heard it's mint for uptiding off a boat but not heard much about shore.

Any spots or advice appreciated. Not fished off a pier since I was about 10yr old! I've got a bit of gear but will probs need different bits for shore fishing too.

Thanks

Ry

On 28/03/2019 at 21:58, longers01 said:

Ok mate I’m from hull lad i know does a bit and he said there getting a few dog fish and rays at easington and spurn point if that’s any help to you mate atb longers01 

Cheers fella. Guna get and just give it a try. Learn by mistakes type of thing!

I live in one of the villages on the south bank of the Humber. You don't need super kit and can even use a carp rod if the wind is not blowing a hooley. Warmer weather and good old dendrobena earthworms will work well for flatties fished on the bottom with 5 or 6 on the hook. Plenty of places to fish and you can pick up bait from Immingham Tackle. I think I am still listed as a casting instructor for 'Sea Angler' magazine so if you need some help, send me a pm

I will this year be setting up a large tank for shrimps which I can net from Cleethorpes and they make superb baits all year round.

Phil

• Like 2