Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kingofthelamp
      What’s your thoughts on deerhound crosses?...what crosses do you lot keep?...what game are they used for?...any specific lines and if you would like to share a pic of your weapon(weapons) feel free to do so...
      ATB king.
    • By Urbstar12
      Help

I’m looking for a pup to meet my needs.  I will be hunting rabbit, fox, and deer.  I will be hunting pastures and easements.  I need something with EXTREME speed for hunting cow-fields and horse-fields in Pennsylvania.  If the deer make it to the woods, they are gone. We don’t have miles of giant fields like the Staghound guys do out west for running coyote.  

Does anyone produce Whippet x Staghound crosses?  
      Can anyone show any video of Dave Platts “English Deerhounds” actually working? 
      Would a purebred Greyhound be too fragile for field work? 
    • By Grant Bee
      If anyone has a litter planned with traditional breeding please let me know 
      Cheers 

• By Campbell
      Hi,  I am still quite new on here and haven't really posted much at all.  Well, I've finally made the decision to try and buy a hound.  Since reading Lurchers and Longdogs as a boy I suppose I've preferred "running dogs."  The only other type I would put any effort into getting would be a good Alsatian.
      I have done a bit o' thinking and a Deerhound or Scottish Deerhound if you prefer or a long dog with a lot of Deerhound would suit me fine.  There are several fantastic Deerhound breeders webpages on line.  Some offering remarkably detailed info about pedigrees which must take long hours and dedication to write up.
      However, I am left with 1 question which I don't want to raise with any breeder months before possible litters are to be offered for sale.  I'm going to divvy it up into the 4 options I'm really most interested in. 
      Price?  Simples.
      How much do average pedigreed level Deerhound pups sell for usually at 12 weeks? How much, and where in south Kintyre, Scotland, are Deerhound x racing Greyhounds sold for? How much might a top level champion Deerhound dog sell for? How much might it cost for a good sound Deerhound stud to service a normal or racing Greyhound?  I simply ask the question on here as I suspect the real knowledge and experience it would take to know the answers to this question are to be found right here.  Possibly including from some of the top flight sighthound breeders in person.
      If I get a few great answers at all I'll be well pleased and a wee bit more knowledgable 2.
      Chears and let the games begin.