Hi guys, 

Just wanted to introduce myself a little and ask for some advice straight off the bat really! 

Just want to start by saying I haven't ever shot more than an air rifle... might seem strange coming on to a hunting forum, but hopefully with a little bit of background info it all might become a bit clearer.

I am an absolutely commited and obsessed fisherman, ive fished all over Europe and the UK (now if you guys have ever read a similar post, some of you might be rolling your eyes!) Im not one of those anglers you'll see fishing dug muddy holes, with fish bred for the cause... i grew up on rivers, which naturally led to a passion for embedding myself in the larger, more wild waters and quiter rivers that you can find with a beady eye in the UK, and in a weird way ive always compared my style of fishing to hunting, this naturally lead to learning about watercraft, and after close to 20 years, id like to think ive learnt a fair bit. This also lead to becoming fascinated by the wildlife that resides within our beautiful countryside, and ive always had a keen in interest in learning to shoot, learn about fieldcraft, understanding all the aspects that go with the quarry you're likely too shoot, and having another excuse to pit my wits against nature, but have always shyed away from going for it because ive never really known where to start? So for a blank canvas like me, what's the best advice you could give me, fundamentally I'd just love to learn and have an excuse for spending more time outdoors doing something that ive always been interested in!

Thanks for your time, 

Oz