Saluki behaviour problems

20 hours ago, Gilbey said:

a dog can't get out of a properly fitted lead. Guessing its the two that were for sale in Scotland, how did the previous owners exercise them.

we had one that was a tit with other dogs, at the time there wasn't many dogs around us so it wasn't that bad, coincidently he didn't like being left lol

Is there any other advice you can share as had a few extreme to say the least things to do

26 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Is there any other advice you can share as had a few extreme to say the least things to do

piss taking is to be expected on here lol. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, the world and his wife didn't have dogs when we had ours so he was always to watch. Tighten his collar. Might be aggression, fear, not knowing how to act around dogs?? We had ours from 6 weeks to 16 1/2 years. The bitch he was reared with was spot on and the dog that was reared next to him was spot on as well (and a lurcher as well was fine)??

9 hours ago, Gilbey said:

piss taking is to be expected on here lol. I'm sorry I can't offer any advice, the world and his wife didn't have dogs when we had ours so he was always to watch. Tighten his collar. Might be aggression, fear, not knowing how to act around dogs?? We had ours from 6 weeks to 16 1/2 years. The bitch he was reared with was spot on and the dog that was reared next to him was spot on as well (and a lurcher as well was fine)??

Yeh bit shocking it's not nice at my epence. His is aggressive towards people as well but not when the come into the house. I'm not sure how previous owner exercised them but they seemed to have not been on a lead. As they just zig zaged from side to side. The dog just walked on his back legs and pulled with front legs off the ground. Both are better now. But dog only on lead in garden now as still training him

certainly sounds a challenge. That's more than just being an alpha saluki, sounds like these dogs that you see on tv that have hardly been out, bursting in energy. If you do get some help or improvement in him it would be interesting to hear about. All I've got is more running/exercise would surely make him better for training