Acme calls

Tried alot over the years. Alot of the acme type ones I have had a limited amount of sucsess with. The best one I have found usefull to me is one made by OLT its black plastic with a reed in and looks like a set of car feeler gauges.

But when the fox is coming in and its getting to the point of circling round me or getting real close I nearly always end up coaxing it that last bit before the slip with the back of my hand. Ive often got back to the car on a cold windy night after a nights lamping to find blood on the back of my hands were my gums have ended up bleeding with sucking the back of my hand for a long time squeaking fo :11: xes in.

Do any of you guys use the Acme predator call.  I tried one today and it reminded me of Sootys mate Sweep.  First thoughts were the only thing that could be called in would be Matthew Corbett. :11:

i use the acme on a regular basis they are very good when you get them right i drove mrs cramp up the wall for weeks blowing it in the house :whistle: :whistle:

• 2 years later...
Do any of you guys use the Acme predator call.  I tried one today and it reminded me of Sootys mate Sweep.  First thoughts were the only thing that could be called in would be Matthew Corbett. :11:

i use the acme on a regular basis they are very good when you get them right i drove mrs cramp up the wall for weeks blowing it in the house :whistle: :whistle:

I had the same thought when I first tried mine. But it the sound it makes depends on how hard you blow. Blow it softley and it sounds like one of those party blowers with coil and a feather on the end. Blow it hard and it sounds like a strangulated duck. Just how are you supposed to get a decent sound out of it ? I've blown it a thousand times and I've heard real bunnies squeal as many, but Ive never been able to match the 2.

Loman have just bought a new range of predator calls out, i have herd good things about them, i find the primos calls are the best but like most people, i use the back of my hand. antil i pick a fox up with that hand :cry:

Guest AngelicAcid

Once mastered the WAM calls are very effective, even though they dont make that much noise, you will be calling them in - id say its the pitch for the foxs ears that is just right.