Am I looking at the right thing?

9 hours ago, dytkos said:

What did you use to take the pic? Great shot! Lol

Cheers, D.

Ha ha, it was like Christmas Day this morning, I almost didn’t want to go on the pheasant shoot so I could go and have a play with it, no doubt I’ll get home tonight and there will be a million pictures of the bloody cat ?

Well I got finished early today so sat down for an hour with the new camera, it took me 20 minutes to work out how to set the date and time and another half hour to work out the app, so by then, no time to go out so the pet rabbits got to be my subject, I’m trying to use it in manual so I get to know what it can do, the one thing I want to learn is blurring the background so an evening of YouTube is on the cards, cheers for the help ?

77E3FE59-1F05-40FB-BBC8-10A744C1E2ED.png

DA1983C8-0641-42ED-A2F5-EE071497B9F1.jpeg

• Like 1

youtube is generally the best place for info and tutorials and learning “the exposure triangle” which is the fundamentals of what she needs to understand but can be a head fcuk...

A good baseline would be to put in AV mode, set ISO to auto and she controls the aperture - F stops...

F4 will give shallow depth of field - background all blurry and subject in focus as long as there’s distance between background and subject...

F11 would give more depth of field - more background in focus with foreground/subject

The lower the F number the more blurry

The higher the F number the more in focus the whole image will be if that makes sense ???

low f number for portraits/wildlife 

high f number for landscape/groups of people/street photography..

• Like 1