i dont no the name off the trap but the proffessionel muskrat trappers in holland used it a lot in the past but not anymore they now use bodygrips the trap shown in the picture also needs two thin wire,s from one end to the other

Edited by hollands hope
i dont no the name off the trap but the proffesionel muskrat trappers in holland used it a lot in the past but not anymore they now use bodygrips the trap shown in the picture also needs two thin wire,s from one end to the other

Ditch might know the name of the trap.........it's a new one on me though.

Rolfey.

i dont no the name off the trap but the proffesionel muskrat trappers in holland used it a lot in the past but not anymore they now use bodygrips the trap shown in the picture also needs two thin wire,s from one end to the other

Ditch might know the name of the trap.........it's a new one on me though.

Rolfey.

i have one here at the moment it could be a newer version also mine is exactly the same as shown! Edited by hollands hope
Are both pictures of the same trap?

It/they look like the continental 'bank' traps of some sort to me but I cannot be sure which one/s as I cannot get my head around the camera angle on them.

OTC

no there two different traps OTC the bottom one should have two wires it to trigger it, the top one is a one way trigger on the body grip principle, hope this helps.

thats were they came from mate, they are still using them as far as i know and they are highly effective. the top trap has a bodygrip style trigger which was baited with apples to catch muskrats. then they were put on a cage raft with 4 traps in and floated on the streams or lakes. when the buggers close they dont open up very easily( 4 very sore fingers the result) :wallbash::wallbash: cheers for the replys

thats were they came from mate, they are still using them as far as i know and they are highly effective. the top trap has a bodygrip style trigger which was baited with apples to catch muskrats. then they were put on a cage raft with 4 traps in and floated on the streams or lakes. when the buggers close they dont open up very easily( 4 very sore fingers the result) :wallbash::wallbash: cheers for the replys

spot on :thumbs:
This one on ebay looks the same

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...B:WNARL:GB:1123

Interestingly it was originally listed at about a fiver, was taken off before it finished and now back for £20 :whistling:

bloody pc is giving in back to the facts thats the one i mentioned earlier in the thread john there are four seperate springs in there you can also see the two trigger wires entangeld by the way thats a whole lotta money Edited by hollands hope
This one on ebay looks the same

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...B:WNARL:GB:1123

Interestingly it was originally listed at about a fiver, was taken off before it finished and now back for £20 :whistling:

That seller is always doing that John, he must be a bit of a wide boy. Not someone I'd buy traps from anyway. :thumbdown:

As for the trap in question (now I can see it!) it is a dutch muskrat trap but I don't know exactly which model it is. I only really collect British made traps (unless they have been approved for use here) so I am not really up on my continental made traps. :no:

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

'That seller' is an out and out prick. I've met him personally and told him never to bother again. Guy disgusts me. Makes my skin crawl. My advice is avoid him like the plague.