Spare mag prices

On 16/12/2018 at 08:53, mark williams said:

I would stick with the traditional metal magazines as comes with these guns.

My HW 100 KT .177 has seen a shed load of work over the last 6 years on the same magazine :yes:.

My 100 ( bought new ) came with two magazines, of which i have only ever used one of them and never, ever a problem.

I`m a Lancashire lad, far superior to Yorkshire lads, - just pay the £40 quid !  :feck::laugh:  x

atb  Mark.

Looks like decent advice, "buy cheap you`ll buy twice".

• Like 1

On 15/12/2018 at 17:05, philpot said:

I have paid out for both Rapid and FX Impact spare mags which are quite a price and thought at the time why Weihrauch have managed to keep their mag prices at a sensible level, well it is quite a time since I bought any mags for HW rifles and got a bit of a surprise when I asked for prices for my HW110k spare mags......................nearly £40 each.

Well I may live in Lincolnshire, but the Yorkshire blood in me started to froth up, £40 for an HW mag, no bloody way so started looking on flea bay to see what came up. After a while of looking for some s/h mags to no avail, I did wonder about these ballistic nylon mags for sale and at a few pence under £13 each. Sod it, I decided to try them as there were good comments being said about them so for £23.95 for two, I placed my order. 

Now at this price I thought it was worth a gamble and as there were no moving parts to the mag it seemed to be a safe bet providing the pellets fitted in and the fit into the gun was okay. I have been using them for the last few weeks with no issue at all so if you need either HW100 or 110/44 pistol mags, you could do worse than these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/dale_ch/m.html?item=302935206594&var=601858983330&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Phil

PHILL.. what pellets are you using in the 177mags, and what pellets have you tried?, the jsb heavies and Polymags are too loose..... ? 

1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

PHILL.. what pellets are you using in the 177mags, and what pellets have you tried?, the jsb heavies and Polymags are too loose..... ? 

The mags I have are .22 and the pellets used in the HW110k are JSB Exact Jumbo RS which so far have produced excellent groups so not bothered to try other pellets as yet although now winter is on us, I will be doing more pellet testing indoors.

I would contact the seller and advise him that the pellets mentioned work fine in the HW mags but not in his and does he test these pellets or failing that ask him for your money back. I do want to try some polymags in my .22 but have not got around to buying any as yet. I seem to remember when I had my HW100KT .177, I did have issues with polymags and think only the short version would work so if you have both lengths of pellet, it is worth trying them but JSB Heavies should be fine despite the polymag performance.

Perhaps the .177 mag is no good. Still not had any problems with my .22 mags.

Phil

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, philpot said:

The mags I have are .22 and the pellets used in the HW110k are JSB Exact Jumbo RS which so far have produced excellent groups so not bothered to try other pellets as yet although now winter is on us, I will be doing more pellet testing indoors.

I would contact the seller and advise him that the pellets mentioned work fine in the HW mags but not in his and does he test these pellets or failing that ask him for your money back. I do want to try some polymags in my .22 but have not got around to buying any as yet. I seem to remember when I had my HW100KT .177, I did have issues with polymags and think only the short version would work so if you have both lengths of pellet, it is worth trying them but JSB Heavies should be fine despite the polymag performance.

Perhaps the .177 mag is no good. Still not had any problems with my .22 mags.

Phil

Tried  Both jsb heavies and polymag both are loose In the new mags but both fine in the old mags, both pellets give great accuracy even in the new mags the grouping is excellent, just a bit loose for comfort. 

Well I know the Infamous words.. Buy cheap buy twice, and yep its true, but I got the mags anyway and the pellets yep were loose, so rather then messing about and sending them back Ive filed the inside down a touch so the o-ring sat lower and had more of a grip on the pellets, well its worked a treat tbh, took my time cleaned all the burrs up and washed the mags make sure there are no bits left and they work fine now, it's not altered the seating of the pellets they now stay in the mag as good as the old mags, stil rotate fine in the rifle and nice and smooth to probe them into the barrel, so another pellet test in the morning.... Fingers ? 

• Like 1

Good for you Phill.

I cannot disagree with Mark's comment, rare I know but nevertheless on this I agree ?, the thing is I do not like being ripped off and some of these mag prices are crazy so if a cheaper solution that works is available and the loos would not be too great, then a punt to test it I am up for. So far the .22 ones I have are working fine and I will keep my fingers crossed they stay that way.

I do think however Phill, you should let the seller know of your situation because if he doesn't know, how can he ever improve matters and many of these cottage industries need feedback.

Phil

• Like 1
8 hours ago, philpot said:

Good for you Phill.

I cannot disagree with Mark's comment, rare I know but nevertheless on this I agree ?, the thing is I do not like being ripped off and some of these mag prices are crazy so if a cheaper solution that works is available and the loos would not be too great, then a punt to test it I am up for. So far the .22 ones I have are working fine and I will keep my fingers crossed they stay that way.

I do think however Phill, you should let the seller know of your situation because if he doesn't know, how can he ever improve matters and many of these cottage industries need feedback.

Phil

Phill... I've sent the seller a msg explaining the problem I've had and what I did to rectify it...... 

22 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Phill... I've sent the seller a msg explaining the problem I've had and what I did to rectify it...... 

Don`t hold your breath for a reply Phill-W68 but will be interesting if you do.

I disagreed with Philpot`s advice, very common, i know :rolleyes: but his intentions, as always, were good.

With respect.

atb  Mark.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, mark williams said:

Please let us all know of any reply Phill ,

Why buy a fiesta engine to fit a Rolls Royce is beyond many.

Hey, but there you go .

What's wrong with the fiesta my Mrs drives one ? haha, since the work on the mags, I have tried them both today with my jsb heavies and those QYS FT pellets and both mags have worked faultlessly, I have put 3 magfuls through each mag and so far smooth as the originals.... 

16 hours ago, mark williams said:

Please let us all know of any reply Phill ,

Why buy a fiesta engine to fit a Rolls Royce is beyond many.

Hey, but there you go .

Well I got a reply this morning when I got up, so not sure when he got back to me, but he,s apologized for the problem said he,ll look into and check his vernier gauge measurements and rectify as soon as, also I got a full refund of which I wasn't expecting or didnt want tbh, as that wasn't the reason I contacted him,but fair play to the guy, he's told me to keep the mags I purchased, sounds like a sound guy to be honest, his email wasnt as basic as Ive written here, he's gone into a lot more detail......☺ 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

Well I got a reply this morning when I got up, so not sure when he got back to me, but he,s apologized for the problem said he,ll look into and check his vernier gauge measurements and rectify as soon as, also I got a full refund of which I wasn't expecting or didnt want tbh, as that wasn't the reason I contacted him,but fair play to the guy, he's told me to keep the mags I purchased, sounds like a sound guy to be honest, his email wasnt as basic as Ive written here, he's gone into a lot more detail......☺ 

Phill, I am delighted for you mate, you see despite what some people may think ? it is always worth talking to the seller and certainly with cottage industry items like this. The guy sounds to be a honest and fair seller who has come up trumps for you. 

Hmmm a good move mate. ?

Phil