Sold my 04 with around 50,000 on it, was so glad to be shot of after so many going bang around here, i drove it like an old woman because i was so scared of it going pop, fuel consumption was quite reasonable, certainly in comparison to its replacement, was a lovely drive etc but was just to much of a risk at around £6k to put it right when it does go bang. :no:

Sold my 04 with around 50,000 on it, was so glad to be shot of after so many going bang around here, i drove it like an old woman because i was so scared of it going pop, fuel consumption was quite reasonable, certainly in comparison to its replacement, was a lovely drive etc but was just to much of a risk at around £6k to put it right when it does go bang. :no:

Hello MT

You are right mate and I must admit I felt exactly the same! I did a bit of browsing on some other 4 x 4 forums and found alot of other Manufacturers motors also suffering some nightmares, I finally just resingned myself to "what will be will be", it could be a expensive way of looking at it nut I have heard a few covering well into to their 150,000's without causeing any problems! I'm just hopeing mine is one of them :thumbs:....

ATB

Jasper

The main cause of engine failure is extended oil changes and the wrong grade of oil, if you want your Navara to keep going halve the oil change mileage and use fully synthetic oil and a good quality filter.

Be gentle with the loud pedal for the first couple of miles from a cold start and after a hard run let the engine idle for a few moments to cool the turbo down. :thumbs:

The main cause of engine failure is extended oil changes and the wrong grade of oil, if you want your Navara to keep going halve the oil change mileage and use fully synthetic oil and a good quality filter.

Be gentle with the loud pedal for the first couple of miles from a cold start and after a hard run let the engine idle for a few moments to cool the turbo down. :thumbs:

If you halve the recomended mileage for an oil change on a D22 Navara then your talking about every 3000 miles!!!

not really sensible is it!!!, just make sure you change the oil with the correct grade at least every 6k miles, dont thrash it and dont overdo it with the trailors and you'll not go far wrong.

A mate of mine and myself bought two of these in 04, he drives like a tit and i drive like an old git, he's went pop after 72k miles, mine is still going stronger than ever at 108k miles but i dont try to race cars in mine ;);)

Oh and two 16h persherons in a bloody heavy rice trailor was no problem, even surprised me!!