Arry

Poke nets

I said before I had never used or in fact never seen or held a Poke net. Anyway after some advice from you guys on here I got my mate to make some as my thumbs are fecked. We have been trying them out with much success. They are very useful as stop nets on top of a hedge and hold better than a ordinary purse net. I find them great for sectioning off hedges especially when using long nets. So thanks.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 3

I replaced all my nests which I had since I was a child about 7years ago, and was introduced to the poke nets off net rigger bill off here.He made me over hundred nets at the time, and a dozen or so poke nets to try. A great piece of equipment  deadly in my opinion nothing gets out of a poke net when its set right. 

• Like 1

Where they come into there own is on top of the hedge for us. Most of the hedges down here are 5 to 6 feet high 5 or 6 feet wide with brambles and black thorn on top. Commonly they have a really good run running down through the centre of the hedge, we break in cover that run with a Poke net with much better result that a Purse net.

Cheers Arry