foxes hunting pattern

have this fox coming to the field behind the house i have released pheasants around these fields being baiting this fox for a few days and seen him Saturday night i couldn't shoot because the backstop was questionable seen him a few nights out in the same paddock but i havnt got my rifle setup as always , haven't seen him since that night as i have put fresh bait out., do foxes patterns change due to weather.

Edited by IrishFoxer

If you continue to bait and continue to keep waiting for him , his luck will run out . In my experience, foxes will visit the same places and stick to the same route but you can’t always set your watch by them . You may get him tomorrow, it might be next week , but you will get an opportunity to shoot him ...... just got to make sure you don’t miss !!!?

• Like 3
13 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

If you continue to bait and continue to keep waiting for him , his luck will run out . In my experience, foxes will visit the same places and stick to the same route but you can’t always set your watch by them . You may get him tomorrow, it might be next week , but you will get an opportunity to shoot him ...... just got to make sure you don’t miss !!!?

got my chance last night vixen came at 9 o clock same one I've being seen straight to the bait little bit jumpy let her settle down and took the shot and down she went.

46081221_1963328340400717_2204991499156848640_n.jpg

• Like 4

Well done. Keep baiting it mate, more will come, you can change the foxes pattern by baiting it, once they learn where there is food you will be there first port of call, so no daft o’clock foxing freezing your bits off at two in the morning ?

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well done. Keep baiting it mate, more will come, you can change the foxes pattern by baiting it, once they learn where there is food you will be there first port of call, so no daft o’clock foxing freezing your bits off at two in the morning ?

Topped up the bait before going to bed had some bait I used from pike fishing so I staked it down nice stinky fish injected with fish oils  

5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I shoot foxes at a mates free range egg unit , and you can set your watch by them sometimes. Some foxes wait until the hatches shut and then kill any chickens that are left out . Once they here the hatches close they can literally charge in for the kill . 

This one was seen on Saturday and during the night. Came back from a meal and quick scan when I came back low and behold foxy was there at the bait ran for the rifle set it up and she was still munching away I made a mistake and shouted at the fox to make stand but it ran.

• Like 1
On 14/11/2018 at 23:13, IrishFoxer said:

Topped up the bait before going to bed had some bait I used from pike fishing so I staked it down nice stinky fish injected with fish oils  

This one was seen on Saturday and during the night. Came back from a meal and quick scan when I came back low and behold foxy was there at the bait ran for the rifle set it up and she was still munching away I made a mistake and shouted at the fox to make stand but it ran.

This is the thing whereas some are practising amateurs, others are borderline semi professional