Italian/American shooter in England!

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad I randomly come across this forum as I've been looking for something similar for quite some time.

Let me give a bit of introduction:

My name is Frederick, I am an italian/american shooter in south Buckinghamshire, I've been shooting all my life, owned a gun early when I was a kid and was always educated to respect for animals, nature and be thankful for the food I had on my table. I killed my first hog when I was 14 and although it was a bit traumatic at the beginning I was lucky enough to have good teachers who explained what I had just done. From that day I was always interested in outdoor life, everything country, firearms, tactical equipment etc.

When I moved to the UK approximately 10 years ago I was under the impression that firearms were illegal here. Hell I was wrong. Few years ago I joined a shooting club at Bisley Shooting Ground and had the opportunity to shoot different calibers from time to time. Only recently I decided to get a FAC and I'm about to get one in the next few weeks.

This has cost me money and time, however this is a great passion, driven by respect for people and nature and fulfilled with great values and experience. I consider myself an experience shooter and although I regularly shoot at the shooting range, I would like to get back into hunting and see how you Brits do it =) I'm always open minded and I know I can learn something new from anybody and at anytime...that kind of guy

I currently own a .177 GAMO air rifle however as soon as I get my FAC I'm planning to get an AR15 rifle in 22LR, a bolt action .308 and a shotgun. I'd love to get the best out of them and hopefully in this forum I'll get to know the right people to do this. I live near Maidenhead in South Buckinghamshire. I have a 4x4 and I'm willing to travel for the right day out.

My interests relevant to this forum: rabbit hunting, deer stalking, small game hunting, fishing, 4x4, skinning and leather products, camping, hiking, survival skills.

All the best, 

• Like 1