Short trip out with my lad (new vid)

Took a quick trip out on Friday morning with the boy to grab a couple of bunnies for the pot asaa favour for a close friend. 

Not a bad morning, gave my vas hob his first workout for the year and he did his thing very well in a large warren that is easy to lose bunnies in when the ferrets are in there working solo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, countrymon said:

Great vid. Looks like the lad enjoyed himself

Keep it under about 2 1/2 hours and he is great, he starts getting twitchy after that so not overdoing him while he is still young. 

I figure if I teach him the basics slowly and give him the knowledge base he will be better equipped to be successful and get more out of it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lee farrington said:

Great video. Glad the lad enjoyed it.  I love taking my girls out with me.  I've stopped taking them when I'm shooting because they don't stop talking

I know what you mean, Lee. 

He didn't make it out at all last year because when I was going the weather wasn't exactly kid friendly or I knew I was in for a long slog and really don't want to put him off. 

We have talked about why we do it for a while and why I shoot certain things but not just anything that is there and he is starting to get the hang of the differences between just killing something for the sake of it being wrong and doing it in the right way, for the right reason being acceptable. 

I had him out with me the day before setting a load of mole traps as well and catching his first ever mole was the cherry on top after we got back home with those three bunnies. 

Edited by Jax13