Bit of advice,... I was out bunny bashing for a couple of hours last night, and I had the above ir unit on top of the photon rt, for some reason the IR unit kept flashing real bright for a split second then went back to normal then kept doing the same thing... Any ideas what's going on?, the battery was the supplied battery with the IR and it was fully charged... Cheers... 

47 minutes ago, Blackwood Outdoors said:

Are you sure it wasn't too bright for the photon and the sensor was try to limit it...

Try popping the centre cap out of the from of the lens cap on the photon and it will leave a 25mm hole approx to limit over exposure if the torch is too bright up close...

Failing that try another battery.

I'm not sure, but I will try that, I have already took the centre out of the cap, but have the cap open when at night, would you advise to have the f900 on flood rather than spot? 

Keep the cap closed and use it with 25mm hole at night. Gives a better image and improved depth of view. I use the F900.....I focus it just enough off full spot to get rid of lines, but have dimmer at about 3/4.....full is best kept for very open areas or across valleys.

• Like 1