Well just been in the garden (blowing a hoolie) to try n zero the photon, 20yds with my r10 25cal, didnt know what to expect, took more than the one shot zero but it doesn't help when you move the dial the wrong way, numbers on the right are the shots in sequence then the X3 were the last 3 pellets in the mag, shot number 3 was defo the wrong way haha

DSC_0378.JPG

Edited by Phill-W68
  • Like 1

I only had a couple of hours playing with Jimmy's Photon but simply couldn't get to grips with it at all in even getting zero which I am certain it was down to me but Pav and Si Brown are a bit whizzo with these and definitely the guys to talk to about setting them up.

Good luck with it Phill.

Oh by the way, I have sussed how to retro fit the Nitesite rangefinder and will post photos on your other thread later today.

Phil

• Like 1
7 hours ago, philpot said:

I only had a couple of hours playing with Jimmy's Photon but simply couldn't get to grips with it at all in even getting zero which I am certain it was down to me but Pav and Si Brown are a bit whizzo with these and definitely the guys to talk to about setting them up.

Good luck with it Phill.

Oh by the way, I have sussed how to retro fit the Nitesite rangefinder and will post photos on your other thread later today.

Phil

Read this post 2nd haha... ? 

On 13/10/2018 at 14:14, Phill-W68 said:

Well just been in the garden (blowing a hoolie) to try n zero the photon, 20yds with my r10 25cal, didnt know what to expect, took more than the one shot zero but it doesn't help when you move the dial the wrong way, numbers on the right are the shots in sequence then the X3 were the last 3 pellets in the mag, shot number 3 was defo the wrong way haha

DSC_0378.JPG

Its harder to zero at 30 40yrds mind

get a cardboard box then stick some white a4 paper sheets on it put a black mark in the middle

aim for black mark take your first shot then mark the shot with a black marker

this makes it easier to see 

then aim back at the first mark and move the cross hairs to the first shot

press and hold the button for a few seconds

it should be set then .

it may still need a little tweaking but should be in the ball park 

even better if you have some shoot n see targets

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Its harder to zero at 30 40yrds mind

get a cardboard box then stick some white a4 paper sheets on it put a black mark in the middle

aim for black mark take your first shot then mark the shot with a black marker

this makes it easier to see 

then aim back at the first mark and move the cross hairs to the first shot

press and hold the button for a few seconds

it should be set then .

it may still need a little tweaking but should be in the ball park 

even better if you have some shoot n see targets

I only had 20yds In the garden,but I,ll get out soon and do some better range marks... 

7 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

I only had 20yds In the garden,but I,ll get out soon and do some better range marks... 

Thats ok Phil zero it in at 20 then when your out in the field

it will be in the ball park wheen you zero out to 30 40yrds

good tip as well click the center cap out on the flip up front cover

this will give you a better view in day light

and dose not harm the nv

DSC_0023.JPG

• Like 1

dont know if you have one of the nv range finders but there a god send with the photon or any nv at that

this one was £130 ish

and id not be with out it now

range finding is the hardest part of shooting with a nv unit its hard to judge the distance

DSC_0024.JPG

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

dont know if you have one of the nv range finders but there a god send with the photon or any nv at that

this one was £130 ish

and id not be with out it now

range finding is the hardest part of shooting with a nv unit its hard to judge the distance

DSC_0024.JPG

I will do that with the photon front cap, I have the nitesite rangefinder got it when I got the rtek viper, but sold the viper on now couldnt get to grips with a screen hence the photon, phillpot just put a thread on on my thread about how he's managed to attack his rangefinder to his impact, so looks like I,ll be copying him, I can fit the rf to my photon now but it's sideways on, not the best haha...